Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   HEALTHCARE DIRECTORY (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/healthcare-directory-200/)
-   -   Cataract surgeons (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/healthcare-directory-200/cataract-surgeons-334792/)

spark291@comcast.net 08-28-2022 08:06 PM

Cataract surgeons

Looking for people that have been to st lukes for cataract surgery, specifically dr ireland. Any reviews would be helpful
it is a difficult cataract not sure how well they deal wih them

ednetdl 08-29-2022 08:21 AM

I just had cataract surgery at St Lukes but had Dr Mequio and have nothing but high praise for the doctor and for St Lukes. Everything was on time with no waits of any length. Everything was very professional and extremely happy with the results.

Inexes@aol.com 08-29-2022 10:47 AM

Cataract surgery

St. Luke's Cataract Institute, original office in Tarpon Springs, has been in operation in the area for many years. I can attest to the last 40 years that I have seen nothing but rave reviews of this practice. As an RN who followed many of their patients while in St Pete area, I never heard any complaints.. My spouse and I both had ours done there. They are known world wide and have pictures in the office in Tarpon of the many dignitaries from all over the world who have had surgery there. 3 names that come to me immediately are both the Geo. Bush's, Norman Schwartzcoff (spelling ?) and I could go on. The institute was founded by Dr James Gills and he was also a developer of several types of the intra-ocular lenses used in the surgery. He may no longer practice but his son is still with the practice. Dr Gills would hire no one but the best of surgeons to continue in his stellar reputation. Dr Kathy Ireland was the first physician hired here in TV when he opened this satellite office and I have heard nothing but glowing reviews in my 20 years here in TV. I would not hesitate to have any procedure performed by the surgeons in this practice.

REDCART 08-29-2022 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inexes@aol.com (Post 2131051)
St. Luke's Cataract…Dr Gills would hire no one but the best of surgeons to continue in his stellar reputation. Dr Kathy Ireland was the first physician hired here in TV when he opened this satellite office and I have heard nothing but glowing reviews in my 20 years here in TV. I would not hesitate to have any procedure performed by the surgeons in this practice.

I can see how you might confuse Kathy Ireland and Dr. Kimberly Ireland MD. They are both very attractive. Dr Ireland is an accomplished eye surgeon and I’ve heard also flys helicopters.

Sage327 08-29-2022 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spark291@comcast.net (Post 2130865)
Looking for people that have been to st lukes for cataract surgery, specifically dr ireland. Any reviews would be helpful
it is a difficult cataract not sure how well they deal wih them

After waiting a couple of years to have my cataracts done (big chicken) I went to Dr Ireland and was very pleased with her and the office. They are very organized and make you feel comfortable from start to finish. Schedule a consultation with her and see how you feel after speaking with her.

JoMar 08-29-2022 05:23 PM

While I understand Dr Ireland is your choice, If you are interested in a second opinion I recommend Scot Homan at Lake Eye Associates.

griffija 08-30-2022 04:56 AM

She is the best. No problems after having both eyes done. Its been at least four years.

cjeast24 08-30-2022 05:07 AM

I had cataracts done by Dr Ireland a couple of years ago and I can’t praise her enough. She is excellent!

Quixote 08-30-2022 05:25 AM

Mine was done in Boston long before I moved to TV. However, based on what I've heard from friends here as well as the views of others (as expressed in this thread, for example), I hear nothing but high praise for the whole St Luke's setup in general—state of the art—and Dr Ireland in particular. I have a friend here who sorely needs cataract surgery, and I've been encouraging him to go this route. Best wishes to you!

vickersbond 08-30-2022 05:25 AM

Can't say enough GOOD things about Dr. Ireland and her practice. Sames goes for my wife. Both of us selected Dr. Ireland to perform cataract surgery and we are both very pleased with the outcome.

sdeikenberry 08-30-2022 05:34 AM

St. Lukes Eye in Sumter Landing is the best...staff and Dr. Ireland. They have cataract diagnosis, treatment, and post op care down to a science. I spent a career in medicine so know what to good care looks like...and I was extremely happy with St. Luke's, Dr. Ireland, and had both eyes done this past spring. I know several friends who were also very happy there. You'll be impressed with their caring attitude and their efficiency.

ggrosmick 08-30-2022 06:30 AM

Dr Ireland is awesome! Highly recommended..

Villages Kahuna 08-30-2022 07:00 AM

She's the best. She did cataract surgery on both my wife and myself.

Foxmd 08-30-2022 07:29 AM

Dr Ireland did a great job with my cataracts.

KimmieK 08-30-2022 07:39 AM

St. Luke’s in LSL and Dr. Ireland and Staff are top notch — thorough, caring and a calming environment. If you need it now do it! Come winter the schedule gets very busy.