Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   ATTORNEY/ LAWYER DIRECTORY (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/attorney-lawyer-directory-524/)
-   -   Need attorney to help fight traffic ticket. (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/attorney-lawyer-directory-524/need-attorney-help-fight-traffic-ticket-338825/)

dianne.newhouse@gmail.com 02-06-2023 02:55 PM

Need attorney to help fight traffic ticket.

I was stopped at a red light to do a U turn. After waiting awhile for the light to change, I saw that the oncoming three lanes were all empty, so I turned just before the arrow turned green. The cop cited me for failure to stop at a red light. I would like to fight this. I have a very good driving record.
Please offer recommendations! Thanks!

Altavia 02-06-2023 03:01 PM

Low cost, easy way to make it go away.

State of Florida.com | Florida Traffic School — Approved by the State of Florida | Auto Insurance Quote Video Transcript

retiredguy123 02-06-2023 03:02 PM

You may not need an attorney. Go to court and plead your case. If the police officer doesn't show up, you have an excellent chance to win. An attorney will only help if he/she has a personal relationship with the court system, which some do.

Davonu 02-06-2023 03:11 PM

From your own description it sounds like you are guilty. What will your defense be?

Aces4 02-06-2023 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dianne.newhouse@gmail.com (Post 2184251)
I was stopped at a red light to do a U turn. After waiting awhile for the light to change, I saw that the oncoming three lanes were all empty, so I turned just before the arrow turned green. The cop cited me for failure to stop at a red light. I would like to fight this. I have a very good driving record.

I’d pay the ticket, you can’t make a U turn at a red light. Or do you have special privileges? My point being you need to admit you made a mistake and pay the piper.;)

Babubhat 02-06-2023 03:13 PM

Traffic Ticket Lawyer Florida And Speeding Attorneys | The Ticket Clinic

The Ticket Clinic Orlando Office is near you if you’ve been charged with any traffic offense. We fight speeding tickets, red light tickets and more. Contact us to get in touch with an experience traffic ticket attorney in Orlando.

Bill14564 02-06-2023 03:13 PM

You made a U-turn through a red light and now want someone to help argue that is wasn't the wrong thing to do???

Robbb 02-06-2023 03:13 PM

Quote:

Turning "just before the light turn green" is running a red light, take responsibility for your actions. You ran a red light!

retiredguy123 02-06-2023 03:25 PM

In today's world, guilty doesn't mean guilty. The judge can dismiss the case, or reduce the charge. It happens very often.

Two Bills 02-06-2023 03:30 PM

Quote:

Sometimes you read a post, and you just shake your head in amazement!
A ticket!
Guilty!
A very good driving record!
Lady! We all had good driving records until we got caught!

retiredguy123 02-06-2023 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Two Bills (Post 2184273)
Sometimes you read a post, and you just shake your head in amazement!
A ticket!
Guilty!
A very good driving record!
Lady! We all had good driving records until we got caught!

I agree, but this thread reminds me of all of the thugs who get arrested for violent felony crimes, and their charge is reduced to a misdemeanor, and they are released without serving any jail time. It doesn't hurt to go to court and ask the judge to dismiss the charge.

retiredguy123 02-06-2023 04:02 PM

Like it or not, there are attorneys who can fix a ticket like this in a minute, for a fee. I don't know any in Florida, but I'm sure they are here. That is the way the system operates.

When I lived in Georgia, I once got a speeding ticket in South Carolina. An attorney friend referred me to another attorney in Charleston, SC, I sent him $150, and the ticket was gone without even going to court. For the record, I don't speed anymore.

CoachKandSportsguy 02-06-2023 04:51 PM

Quote:

So let's level set the scenario:
You were stopped at a red light.
You waited until everyone else was stopped.
You started driving while the light was red, and that's OK because everyone else is stopped for you?
And a cop saw you and gave you a ticket, and now your perfect record is broken?

You can certainly try to fight it, or you can use it as a learning experience that you got caught like the rest of us in a country where you are free to do anything you want, but you have to pay a price if you get caught breaking any of the laws in the country. its kind of like the teenagers who don't understand why the red lights are for them. .

my perfect record went out the window with the first car purchased about a month after I purchased it. . that and I have so many speeding tickets, my dad almost didn't put me on his car insurance after he went blind. . .

And interesting, since you said the police cited you for running a red light, he must have seen you do it. . . so that's really entitlement that you can't be found guilty with a perfect driving record or not getting caught prior. . The first time is always a shock

I was driving across the Whitestone Bridge in NYC, on a Sunday morning with no one around, doing about 70, and got pulled over. My first reaction was: "What the h3ll is going on? The is New York City!!! No one gets speeding tickets here"

Another time it was 2 in the morning driving back from NYC, and i was making really good time with no one on the road, probably doing 75 in a 55 back then and all of a sudden the inside of my car lit up with daylight! I never saw him. . i swear he had his lights off to catch up to me without me seeing him. .

I got more tickets / stories, paid all but one,

race car driver guy

ThirdOfFive 02-06-2023 06:39 PM

Quote:

If you fight it there's a good chance it will cost you more than the ticket. Suck it up and pay the fine.

retiredguy123 02-06-2023 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThirdOfFive (Post 2184344)
If you fight it there's a good chance it will cost you more than the ticket. Suck it up and pay the fine.

The real cost is not the ticket. It is the increase in your insurance premium or a cancelled policy.