Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Computer questions (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/computer-questions-92/)
-   -   Issue with posting on TOTV? (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/computer-questions-92/issue-posting-totv-198771/)

billethkid 06-22-2016 09:53 AM

Issue with posting on TOTV?

I have submitted the issue to the TOTV contact us mode.

When I either submit a new topic or respond to a post, when I hit the submit icon the page blinks and goes to a blank white screen in my browser.

I then have to re-enter the TOTV web sight, then to the last visited forum and to the last post to see if my submission was accepted. In all cases yesterday and this morning the posts were there.

I just have no idea why the sequncing of returning to the thread with the new post has changed.

I am using windows 7 and have made no changes, updates this past week. And all eas fine earlier in the week.

Barefoot 06-22-2016 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by billethkid (Post 1244439)
When I either submit a new topic or respond to a post, when I hit the submit icon the page blinks and goes to a blank white screen in my browser.
I then have to re-enter the TOTV web sight, then to the last visited forum and to the last post to see if my submission was accepted. In all cases yesterday and this morning the posts were there.
I just have no idea why the sequncing of returning to the thread with the new post has changed.
I am using windows 7 and have made no changes, updates this past week. And all eas fine earlier in the week.

I'm having a similar problem for the first time ever. I have to log in after I post. I'm also using Windows 7.
Something has definitely changed in TOTV land.

HimandMe 06-22-2016 11:05 AM

Me three

2BNTV 06-22-2016 11:09 AM

I have Windows Vista and the same problem. It doesn't redirect me back, to where I should be.

Error message, "TOTV page is not working". When one goes back one page, the post is there.

John_W 06-22-2016 11:18 AM

I have Windows 10 and since yesterday I have posted about 5 times. I normally hit 'preview' first so I can check spelling and the rest. However, when I do that, it sends me to a page that indicated Talk of the Villages page is not available. Then when I come back to the page I find that the post was posted. So Preview isn't working probably.

I am adding to my post via 'edit'.

This time when I hit preview, it worked correctly. However, when I hit post I was sent to the page 'Talk of the Villages page not working'. When I came back to this thread my post was already posted.

Barefoot 06-22-2016 11:31 AM

It seems to definitely be a TOTV problem since many posters have experienced it.
Nothing major, just an inconvenience, but I wish they'd fix it. :024:

Gracie and Tal - you're both frequent posters, any glitches for you?

Mikeod 06-22-2016 11:37 AM

Yup. Same thing happening to me. Fill out a reply or post and hit submit. Takes me to a blank, white browser page. If I hit the back button, I get back to the TOTV page where I entered my post, but it's empty. If I go to the thread and reload the page, my post is there.

Moderator 06-22-2016 11:56 AM

The issue has been forwarded to Admin. Thank you for your patience.

Nucky 06-22-2016 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barefoot (Post 1244479)
It seems to definitely be a TOTV problem since many posters have experienced it.
Nothing major, just an inconvenience, but I wish they'd fix it. :024:

Gracie and Tal - you're both frequent posters, any glitches for you?

It has snagged me also. No big deal. They are working on it already. I believe a Lobster snipped the main connection cord. LOL. TOTV :eclipsee_gold_cup:

graciegirl 06-22-2016 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by billethkid (Post 1244439)

Bill. The same exact thing is happening to me, along with some new, and other annoying things. Sometimes when I type on just this forum, the letters pause before they can be seen...and when I pull the page down with the arrow, it too feels stuck.

I have windows 10 and this is what the blank page says;

HTTP 500 error

That's odd... Microsoft Edge can’t find this page

This page can’t be displayed, because this site’s server might be under maintenance or there could be a programming error.

Try this
•Go back to the last page

golfing eagles 06-22-2016 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by graciegirl (Post 1244514)
Bill. The same exact thing is happening to me, along with some new, and other annoying things. Sometimes when I type on just this forum, the letters pause before they can be seen...and when I pull the page down with the arrow, it too feels stuck.

I have windows 10 and this is what the blank page says;

HTTP 500 error

That's odd... Microsoft Edge can’t find this page

This page can’t be displayed, because this site’s server might be under maintenance or there could be a programming error.

Try this
•Go back to the last page

I have exactly the same problem. I was going to blame windows 10 but it was working fine until Monday. There may be an interface problem at TOTV with Microsoft edge, but IE 11 users have the same problem. Probably Chinese hackers looking for classified info on private servers:1rotfl::1rotfl::1rotfl:

dbussone 06-22-2016 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by golfing eagles (Post 1244536)
I have exactly the same problem. I was going to blame windows 10 but it was working fine until Monday. There may be an interface problem at TOTV with Microsoft edge, but IE 11 users have the same problem. Probably Chinese hackers looking for classified info on private servers:1rotfl::1rotfl::1rotfl:

I am experiencing a similar issue using my iPad.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

dbussone 06-22-2016 02:52 PM

Issue with posting on TOTV?

Removed a duplicate.

Fraugoofy 06-22-2016 03:00 PM

Yep. My Android phone tells me "syntax error" when trying to post and then it posts anyway!!

Sent from my SM-N910R4 using Tapatalk

mtdjed 06-22-2016 03:22 PM

I have similar problem trying to respond to a PM from "red tail". But if "red tail" is on line the answer is yes.