Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, New Members Forum (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-new-members-forum-115/)
-   -   Driving Range (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-new-members-forum-115/driving-range-349353/)

Will.S 04-16-2024 06:18 PM

Driving Range

We are coming for a lifestyle visit the end of May.
Q: Is there a cost to use the driving range ? Balls & Club rental ?
Thanks.

ThirdOfFive 04-16-2024 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Will.S (Post 2322190)
Thanks.

There are several in TV. We use the one behind Wal-Mart off 466. Pretty informal: You pay for a token or tokens which can be redeemed at the ball dispensing machine for a bucket of balls: small or large. Don't recall the exact cost....$8 for a small bucket, maybe? The range is pretty large and usually not hard to find a spot to hit from.

Don't know if they rent clubs or not.

mtdjed 04-16-2024 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Will.S (Post 2322190)
Thanks.

In answer to your question, yes there is a cost to use driving range which is the cost of a bucket of balls. They might have a limited number of clubs to lend out.

But my question is why would you do that? You can go to a driving range anytime, anywhere, Rather, try a Executive course or Pitch and Put if you have limited skills, but better yet use your time to explore this place. If you are on a lifestyle visit to determine whether this could be a home EXPLORE. If you are only using the Lifestyle visit as a vacation, relax at the pool, read a book, enjoy.

In either event, welcome and enjoy.

MrChip72 04-16-2024 06:44 PM

There's a few options:

1) A Villages driving range $6 for a half bucket of balls.
2) Oxford golf near 466/301 $8 for about double the amount as the Villages ranges. They have grass and mats to hit off of. They do have rental clubs available at the range.
3) Lady Lake driving range $6 for a large bucket bigger than the others. No rental clubs but best deal in town. Hitting off mats.
4) Continental Country club driving range $9 for a large bucket like Lady Lake. Hitting off mats. The pro shop might have clubs you can rent I think.

dewilson58 04-16-2024 08:28 PM

Jus use The Villages ranges.

Will.S 04-16-2024 09:11 PM

This will be our 2nd time there.. Just want to do some normal stuff.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mtdjed (Post 2322194)
In answer to your question, yes there is a cost to use driving range which is the cost of a bucket of balls. They might have a limited number of clubs to lend out.

But my question is why would you do that? You can go to a driving range anytime, anywhere, Rather, try a Executive course or Pitch and Put if you have limited skills, but better yet use your time to explore this place. If you are on a lifestyle visit to determine whether this could be a home EXPLORE. If you are only using the Lifestyle visit as a vacation, relax at the pool, read a book, enjoy.

In either event, welcome and enjoy.

tophcfa 04-16-2024 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Will.S (Post 2322216)
This will be our 2nd time there.. Just want to do some normal stuff.

Since golf seems to be what you consider normal stuff, you’re going to want to venture well north of where they put you up for a lifestyle visit (closer to the Lake Sumter area) and checkout the areas where most of the golf courses are located. Good luck with your visit.

MrChip72 04-16-2024 11:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tophcfa (Post 2322221)
Since golf seems to be what you consider normal stuff, you’re going to want to venture well north of where they put you up for a lifestyle visit (closer to the Lake Sumter area) and checkout the areas where most of the golf courses are located. Good luck with your visit.

To be honest, the courses south of 44 are all in much better shape than 9/10 of the courses North of 466A right now. I've been playing a lot of both in the past month and I'm not a fan of putting on some of the greens half covered in sand North of 466A. I would recommend sticking to the courses south of 44 until they sort all that out.

Rwirish 04-18-2024 05:06 AM

Courses south of 44? FR and few between.

strangefire 04-18-2024 05:57 AM

I believe you have all the information you need here, but just wanted to mention that The Villages does not have a state-of-the-art practice facility.

bowlingal 04-18-2024 06:09 AM

why has no one mentioned the Sarasota golf pro shop/driving range/executive course?

billmbmorris 04-18-2024 06:19 AM

because u can never get on it

dtennent 04-18-2024 06:42 AM

Two points
1) Just a quick correction, cost for balls at Continental Country is $4.50 for a small bucket and $8.00 for a large bucket. If you buy a card and pay $180, the buckets will be deducted from that amount at $2.25 for a small and $4.00 for a large bucket.

2) If you look around the garage sales, you can find a reasonable set of clubs to start playing. Then sign up for some lessons before you develop any bad habits. (Not that I have any bad habits, but I read that it can happen!)

Rich Iwaszko 04-18-2024 07:59 AM

Please clarify

What is a state of the art practice facility?????????

Quote:

Originally Posted by strangefire (Post 2322568)
I believe you have all the information you need here, but just wanted to mention that The Villages does not have a state-of-the-art practice facility.

Jayhawk 04-18-2024 08:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by billmbmorris (Post 2322572)
because u can never get on it

No one goes there, it's too busy.

:boom: