Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Contractors and Services (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/contractors-services-91/)
-   -   Shout out for Mike Scott plumbing (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/contractors-services-91/shout-out-mike-scott-plumbing-349724/)

Bogie Shooter 04-30-2024 04:22 PM

Shout out for Mike Scott plumbing

Yesterday morning discovered water on the garage floor. Water heater overflow pan was full could see it had run out overnight.
Called Scott at 8:30 and had an appointment between 2 & 6 in the afternoon.
Their guy arrived at 12:15 and finished replacement of our 19 year old hot water heater at 3:00.
From the phone call to completion of the job, all very professional, no talk of upcharging or other bs.
Submitted the rebate to TECO late in the afternoon.
Would recommend them for you plumbing needs.

retiredguy123 04-30-2024 04:28 PM

I agree. Mike Scott Plumbing is not the cheapest, but they will give you a fixed price in advance and are available at any time. They have been to my house twice in the past few months. Very reliable.

JohnN 04-30-2024 05:32 PM

Mike Scott has done a nice job for me a couple of times. They're my go-to plumber

villagetinker 04-30-2024 05:39 PM

Mike Scott, took care of 2 leaks on my stepsons trailer, very reasonable cost and very reasonable response time.

Altavia 05-01-2024 08:01 AM

My tankless hot water heater stopped working - of course just as visitors arrived.

Mike Scotts team was out within two hours, replaced the cheap toy like Chinese gas pressure regulator with a much more robust unit and we were back in business.

Investment Painting Contractors 05-01-2024 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter (Post 2326886)
Yesterday morning discovered water on the garage floor. Water heater overflow pan was full could see it had run out overnight.
Their guy arrived at 12:15 and finished replacement of our 19 year old hot water heater at 3:00.
From the phone call to completion of the job, all very professional, no talk of upcharging or other bs.

Mary & I have used Mike Scott for years and have never been disappointed with the service or pricing.

Len & Mary, the retired half of Investment Painting Contractors.

graciegirl 05-01-2024 10:01 AM

We too agree on Mike Scott Plumbing.

Bogie Shooter 05-01-2024 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by graciegirl (Post 2327195)
We too agree on Mike Scott Plumbing.

Hi Gracie!

Michael 61 05-01-2024 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter (Post 2326886)

I second Mike Scott! They corrected horrible and sub-standard work done by a previous plumber I hired. Excellent customer service, cost is reasonable, and their work quality is outstanding!

dewilson58 05-01-2024 12:26 PM

Mike Scott is always a winner, winner. Chicken Dinner.

N44125 05-02-2024 04:09 AM

Another vote for Mike Scott. Garbage Disposal died (15 years old), they replaced same day. It appears they have a fixed cost of $240…parts and labor in TV. Great job.

Sabella 05-02-2024 05:25 AM

I never understand why people wait years and then have a flood instead of just replacing you at seven year or five year or nine year warranty water heater at the proper time.

Veracity 05-02-2024 05:54 AM

Had an emergency and Mike Scott showed up within an hour to fix the problem. There was no charge because it was covered under the new house warranty. I highly recommend this company. Their response, knowledge, and professionalism was outstanding.

retiredguy123 05-02-2024 05:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sabella (Post 2327348)
I never understand why people wait years and then have a flood instead of just replacing you at seven year or five year or nine year warranty water heater at the proper time.

Warranties have very little to do with the useful lifespan of any product. If everyone did as you say, manufacturers would shorten their warranties to sell more products. The average lifespan of almost every product, including water heaters, is much longer than their warranty. Typically, new vehicles are only warranted for 3 years, and most other products have only a one year warranty.

JWGifford 05-02-2024 05:57 AM

How refreshing to see unanimous praise for a local contractor. That’s the result of years of hard work and treating people right. Good for him! I know who I’ll be calling the next time I need a plumber.