Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   All About pets (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/all-about-pets-120/)
-   -   Dear Cats and Dogs (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/all-about-pets-120/dear-cats-dogs-324670/)

CFrance 09-30-2021 03:36 PM

Dear Cats and Dogs

The following was found posted very low on a refrigerator door.

Dear Dogs and Cats: The dishes with the paw prints are yours and contain your food. The other dishes are mine and contain my food. Placing a paw print in the middle of my plate of
food does not stake a claim for it becoming your food and dish, nor do I find that aesthetically pleasing in the slightest.

The stairway was not designed by NASCAR and is not a racetrack. Racing me to the bottom is not the object. Tripping me doesn't help because I fall faster than you can run.

I cannot buy anything bigger than a king sized bed. I am very sorry about this. Do not think I will continue sleeping on the couch to ensure your comfort, however. Dogs and cats can actually curl up in a ball when they sleep. It is not necessary to sleep perpendicular to each other, stretched out to the fullest extent possible. I also know that sticking tails straight out and having tongues hanging out on the other end to maximize space is nothing but sarcasm.

For the last time, there is no secret exit from the bathroom! If, by some miracle, I beat you there and manage to get the door shut, it is not necessary to claw, whine, meow, try to turn the knob or get your paw under the edge in an attempt to open the door. I must exit through the same door I entered. Also, I have been using the bathroom for years - canine/feline attendance is not required.

The proper order for kissing is: Kiss me first, then go smell the other dog or cat's butt. I cannot stress this enough.

jdulej 09-30-2021 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CFrance (Post 2011065)

Dear Dogs and Cats: The dishes with the paw prints are yours and contain your food. The other dishes are mine and contain my food. Placing a paw print in the middle of my plate of
food does not stake a claim for it becoming your food and dish, nor do I find that aesthetically pleasing in the slightest.

The stairway was not designed by NASCAR and is not a racetrack. Racing me to the bottom is not the object. Tripping me doesn't help because I fall faster than you can run.

I cannot buy anything bigger than a king sized bed. I am very sorry about this. Do not think I will continue sleeping on the couch to ensure your comfort, however. Dogs and cats can actually curl up in a ball when they sleep. It is not necessary to sleep perpendicular to each other, stretched out to the fullest extent possible. I also know that sticking tails straight out and having tongues hanging out on the other end to maximize space is nothing but sarcasm.

For the last time, there is no secret exit from the bathroom! If, by some miracle, I beat you there and manage to get the door shut, it is not necessary to claw, whine, meow, try to turn the knob or get your paw under the edge in an attempt to open the door. I must exit through the same door I entered. Also, I have been using the bathroom for years - canine/feline attendance is not required.

The proper order for kissing is: Kiss me first, then go smell the other dog or cat's butt. I cannot stress this enough.

Great post! And so true! Somehow we love them anyway!

graciegirl 09-30-2021 04:15 PM

Quote:

Oh Thank you. Our kitties needed to read this.

villagetinker 09-30-2021 09:03 PM

I am going to post for our kitty, but since she 'let's us live here' I doubt she will follow the instructions.

Dogs have masters, cats have slaves...........

Taltarzac725 09-30-2021 10:05 PM

Except that dogs and cats cannot read or they act like they cannot read anything whatsoever. I stand corrected-- Can Dogs Read?.

jbartle1 10-01-2021 03:57 AM

Giggle, snort, will pass this on to my furry friend.

dewilson58 10-01-2021 04:52 AM

:bigbow:

chenault55 10-01-2021 04:59 AM

Cats and dogs

Quote:

This hilarious and so true! Thank you so much for giving me a smile this morning!

DaleDivine 10-01-2021 05:11 AM

:1rotfl::1rotfl::1rotfl:

cleosmum 10-01-2021 05:58 AM

Love this! Thanks for starting my day off on a happy note!

Tomptomp 10-01-2021 06:15 AM

I think you may have met Charlie.my 9 pound greyhound who gave me permission to respond to your post.

Garvey54 10-01-2021 06:26 AM

🤣🤣🤣

Jewelz 10-01-2021 06:42 AM

Love it- THANKS for sharing!!!!

Janlindsey4@gmail.com 10-01-2021 06:47 AM

What a great start to my day! Thank you!

What a great way to start my day! Thanks for the clever humor!

aldeana 10-01-2021 07:09 AM

to dogs and cats --

Hilarious!