Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   COMPUTER, ELECTRONICS, TELEVISION & MOBILE DIRECTORY (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/computer-electronics-television-mobile-directory-207/)
-   -   Over the air antenna (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/computer-electronics-television-mobile-directory-207/over-air-antenna-321436/)

LTarter 07-08-2021 04:10 PM

Over the air antenna

We recently lost the CBS on the antenna. Just wondering if there is a fix.

Tom52 07-08-2021 04:51 PM

No idea about fixing the problem with the antenna but if you are streaming you could stream all the local channels with Locast. It is $5 per month. I will be dropping cable TV soon and that is my plan for local network stations.

boxcarwilly 07-08-2021 07:53 PM

CBS 6.1 has suffered signal loss...standby

villagetinker 07-09-2021 08:13 AM

I think they were the ones that recently had advertisement to RESCAN on your TV as they changed transmitter.

Blueblaze 07-09-2021 08:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by villagetinker (Post 1970533)
I think they were the ones that recently had advertisement to RESCAN on your TV as they changed transmitter.

I rescanned when NBC moved. CBS wasn't effected. But when it still wasn't back online this morning, I did another scan -- and lost CBS altogether because it is no longer broadcasting at all (or at least not strong enough to pick up, and I get stations 80 miles away in that direction).

CBS used to be our strongest station. Now its completely gone. It disappeared during the storm. Maybe there was antenna damage, but you'd think it would be mentioned somewhere online or in the news.

Blueblaze 07-09-2021 08:37 AM

Don't rescan

I just called the station. They are doing "Maintenance work" and currently broadcasting at half power. It's temporary, but they wouldn't give a time frame.

So DON'T RESCAN (like I did) or you will lose the station altogether and won't know when it's back online.

Could someone please let us know when it's working again, so I can rescan again?

Michael G. 07-09-2021 10:59 AM

I use Comcast cable.
Does anyone know why "ME TV" has video but not audio?????

nn0wheremann 07-10-2021 05:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LTarter (Post 1970288)

Working perfectly this morning. All five of WKMG’s channels. Stronger than ever. Rescan, make sure your antenna is pointed toward Bithlo Florida where the tower is. That is 112 degrees on the compass from my house.

noslices1 07-10-2021 06:13 AM

I have DISH and CBS 6 is working there.

christine J Toft 07-10-2021 06:24 AM

I believe I saw on the TV that you'd have to re-scan for channels. They changed the frequency.

jedalton 07-10-2021 06:32 AM

Never have that problem with the firestick

LTarter 07-10-2021 07:28 AM

I have Locast and it works great. I do have a Tivo over the air DVR and I like to record several shows to watch later, sadly Locast does not offer that.

keepsake 07-10-2021 09:56 AM

re scan

Idiots, in my opinion, at the FCC, authorized this modern digital TV empire. Every market has channels reallocated every few months and force us off-the-air clientele to re-scan our sets. Total nuisance. Everytime I re-scan, I have to tolerate the non-English channels reappearing after I hide them in the set.

Not having audio is likely the spanish mandate our lovely FCC has dictated.

I have my channel 8.1 repeatedly during network sports games, change my set from audio one to audio two, aka spanish. It would not 'sitck' on audio one, the English.

Half the problem is the TV set manuf, the other half the broadcaster following new technology dictates.

iow -- channel 13 is no longer assigned the rf frequencies called ch13. It can be rf channel 11 and the data tells your set to ID it as channel 13. What a mess.

dadoiron 07-10-2021 10:40 AM

Rescan

Quote:

Originally Posted by LTarter (Post 1970288)

Rescan it should pick it up again if you had a good signal before.

Blueblaze 07-10-2021 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dadoiron (Post 1971104)
Rescan it should pick it up again if you had a good signal before.

Nope, still down. I'm on the north side. Maybe the signal has improved, but not enough to reach here.