Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Landscape Talk (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/landscape-talk-129/)
-   -   Found someone who re-soded my front yard (only 500 sq feet) (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/landscape-talk-129/found-someone-who-re-soded-my-front-yard-only-500-sq-feet-320128/)

george1923 05-29-2021 07:20 AM

Found someone who re-soded my front yard (only 500 sq feet)

you might think its easy but it wasn't. The job was too small, I guess. But finally found someone for under $700.00 but I don't think I can tell you because of the thread rules, which I understand. So maybe you could leave a note and i'll get back to you? I live in Alhambra in a patio villa and my lawn was devastated , I think by cinch bugs. So this company came over and "cut" the weeds out and then laid sod with a couple of other guys in about an hour.

Oh wait I see there's a daily email notification maybe I can return messages that way?

NorineBerlinski 05-29-2021 07:57 AM

I’ll take the company information please.

Hape2Bhr 05-29-2021 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by george1923 (Post 1952092)
you might think its easy but it wasn't. The job was too small, I guess. But finally found someone for under $700.00 but I don't think I can tell you because of the thread rules, which I understand. So maybe you could leave a note and i'll get back to you? I live in Alhambra in a patio villa and my lawn was devastated , I think by cinch bugs. So this company came over and "cut" the weeds out and then laid sod with a couple of other guys in about an hour.

Oh wait I see there's a daily email notification maybe I can return messages that way?

Hope you killed the cinch bugs; otherwise you just gave them dessert! :ohdear:

valuemkt 05-29-2021 09:28 AM

PLS PM me company contact info

Dirigo 05-29-2021 09:36 AM

Please PM me with the name of your sod installer.

Thank you,

Dirigo

OrangeBlossomBaby 05-29-2021 10:40 AM

If you didn't get rid of the cinch bugs, they'll just move on to the new sod and infest that. You can safely use diatomaceous earth on the dead spots, it's not toxic to mammals or birds, but it's deadly to insects and parasites. You just sprinkle a little bit of it (a few tablespoons per square foot) - on a day when it isn't expected to rain for at least 4 hours. Then repeat the process a week later, and then one week after that.

Then pull out all the dead grass, and add some seed or just let the grass work its way back into place (real grass needs seed. Bermuda grass needs nothing)

villageuser 05-30-2021 05:51 AM

Quote:

you might think its easy but it wasn't. The job was too small, I guess. But finally found someone for under $700.00 but I don't think I can tell you because of the thread rules, which I understand. /

What thread rule? The only one I know about is no political discussion. And has to do something with the Villages. The sod work was done in the Villages, right? Please inform me.

J1ceasar 05-30-2021 06:05 AM

D/e is available at any pool store company

As many have said you have to really kill the cinch bugs first and I hope someone did that for you. De powder is used as a filter element for pools, and very cheap relatively speaking. It's available from Leslie pool as well as any other pool supply store just for your reference. It may not be too late to put it down on the new grass but I'm not an expert on that part

Quote:

Originally Posted by OrangeBlossomBaby (Post 1952207)
If you didn't get rid of the cinch bugs, they'll just move on to the new sod and infest that. You can safely use diatomaceous earth on the dead spots, it's not toxic to mammals or birds, but it's deadly to insects and parasites. You just sprinkle a little bit of it (a few tablespoons per square foot) - on a day when it isn't expected to rain for at least 4 hours. Then repeat the process a week later, and then one week after that.

Then pull out all the dead grass, and add some seed or just let the grass work its way back into place (real grass needs seed. Bermuda grass needs nothing)

dfbauman65 05-30-2021 06:27 AM

Sod

I would like the info. Thank you.

Quote:

NoMoSno 05-30-2021 07:14 AM

There are no "thread rules" about posting business recommendations.

DaleDivine 05-30-2021 07:43 AM

[QUOTE=NoMoSno;1952583]There are no "thread rules" about posting business recommendations.[/QUOTE

From the MODERATOR:
Reminder: anyone who wishes to recommend a landscaper must have at least ten posts or else will be deleted.
:ohdear::ohdear:

rmd2 05-30-2021 07:48 AM

[QUOTE=DaleDivine;1952592]
Quote:

Originally Posted by NoMoSno (Post 1952583)
There are no "thread rules" about posting business recommendations.[/QUOTE

From the MODERATOR:
Reminder: anyone who wishes to recommend a landscaper must have at least ten posts or else will be deleted.
:ohdear::ohdear:

Do you mean ten posts asking about a landscaper or ten posts responding to someone discussing a landscaper?

DaleDivine 05-30-2021 07:52 AM

[QUOTE=rmd2;1952595]
Quote:

Originally Posted by DaleDivine (Post 1952592)

Do you mean ten posts asking about a landscaper or ten posts responding to someone discussing a landscaper?

It means that who ever posts a recommendation about a landscaper must have at least 10 posts.
:welcome:

DAVES 05-30-2021 08:30 AM

I suggest we all check any information on this site or any other for that matter. People do not state their knowledge or their bias. Diatomaceous earth is an organic insect control.What it is, is fine shells from ??? sea creatures. It is sharp and so will kill some insects. While people to not follow directions for chemical insecticides either, wear a mask, you do not want to breathe in diatomaceous earth.

Cinch bugs assuming the OP has it right, are the same as bed bugs. In your lawn, likely in your home as well.

As I recall, chemical applications, require several applications as they kill the insects but not the eggs so you need to allow the eggs to hatch and apply again.

I find it amusing how few people read and follow instructions and how many figure if it says one gallon per 1,000 sq foot or whatever it says. My lawn deserves more than that
I will give it two gallons.

Joanned 05-30-2021 08:45 AM

Please send me name too
Thank you