Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Golf Cart Accessories (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/golf-cart-accessories-308/)
-   -   USB for club car Precedent (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/golf-cart-accessories-308/usb-club-car-precedent-345776/)

jedalton 11-30-2023 07:37 AM

USB for club car Precedent

looking for someone to install USB in gas club car Precedent . jedalton@gmail.com

villagetinker 11-30-2023 08:46 AM

If you have an existing "cigarette" lighter, there are adapters that just plug in. If you do not have one of these, the USB power adapters are available online, and possibly at local golf cart stores. These require a 2 wire connection to the +12v and negative power from the battery. I would advise using a separate (aka new) FUSED power supply directly from the battery. If you tap the existing 12v supply in the dash area, you will be putting additional load on the master fuse, and I have send this fuse blow due to the extra load. The cart will not run or start if the master fuse blows.
These parts should be in the $10 to $15 range and take about 30 minutes or less to install a fuse, some cable, and the power adapter.

jedalton 11-30-2023 09:54 AM

do you know who can install this for me

Quote:

Originally Posted by villagetinker (Post 2278490)
If you have an existing "cigarette" lighter, there are adapters that just plug in. If you do not have one of these, the USB power adapters are available online, and possibly at local golf cart stores. These require a 2 wire connection to the +12v and negative power from the battery. I would advise using a separate (aka new) FUSED power supply directly from the battery. If you tap the existing 12v supply in the dash area, you will be putting additional load on the master fuse, and I have send this fuse blow due to the extra load. The cart will not run or start if the master fuse blows.
These parts should be in the $10 to $15 range and take about 30 minutes or less to install a fuse, some cable, and the power adapter.

JMintzer 11-30-2023 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jedalton (Post 2278525)

Look in the classifieds. There's a guy named Ron who does this as a side gig...

villagetinker 11-30-2023 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jedalton (Post 2278525)

I tend to do all of my own work, I see someone already made a suggestion, if that does not workout, send me a PM and I can probably do the installation, but I need some additional info.

tophcfa 11-30-2023 12:32 PM

Another option that would be much simpler and less expensive would be to get a rechargeable power brick and keep it in the cart for when you need a quick charge.

neilbcox 12-01-2023 11:52 AM

Todd Casey Golf Carts…comes to your home for work!

lkmartinga 12-02-2023 01:17 PM

Thank you!

Quote:

Originally Posted by villagetinker (Post 2278490)

Thank you! You are always so helpful with the posts. I appreciate you.