Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Talk of the Movies (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/talk-movies-127/)
-   -   Patton (1970). (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/talk-movies-127/patton-1970-a-344103/)

Taltarzac725 09-13-2023 10:54 AM

Patton (1970).

Patton - Rotten Tomatoes

I keep seeing Patton tanks in the movie Patton.

It is still an extremely well done movie and never gets old.

Taltarzac725 09-13-2023 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taltarzac725 (Post 2256258)
Patton - Rotten Tomatoes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cg6MqWYyts0

This has a lot of the crucial scenes from Patton. It does have SPOILERS.

Stu from NYC 09-13-2023 12:24 PM

Excellent movie

ThirdOfFive 09-13-2023 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taltarzac725 (Post 2256258)
Patton - Rotten Tomatoes

Great movie. I have a weakness for curmudgeons.

Ecuadog 09-13-2023 03:01 PM

It's one of my favorite films. The opening scene is a classic.

twoplanekid 09-13-2023 07:24 PM

I never will forget the first time I tried to watch the movie Patton. I was stationed at the 8th Radio Research Field station in Phu Bai Vietnam in 1970. The movie was to start at 12 midnight. A few minutes before midnight I head what to me sounded like our artillery shelling the North Vietnamese in the A Shau Valley. After a few seconds of continuing explosions, some 101st Airborne soldiers who apparently were better at distinguish incoming from outgoing rounds jumped up and ran outside. Although still hoping to watch the movie, I thought it best to step outside to see what was happening.

I could plainly see the mortar round explosions being walked down the street towards me. So, I gave up on watching the movie to run to secure my M-14 rifle, helmet, flak jacket and go to the trenches. I stayed in the trenches all night to then report to the operations room in the morning for another 12 hour shift intercepting enemy communications. I believe that it wasn’t until I returned home (USA) that I finally saw the movie Patton.

Taltarzac725 09-13-2023 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by twoplanekid (Post 2256471)
I never will forget the first time I tried to watch the movie Patton. I was stationed at the 8th Radio Research Field station in Phu Bai Vietnam in 1970. The movie was to start at 12 midnight. A few minutes before midnight I head what to me sounded like our artillery shelling the North Vietnamese in the A Shau Valley. After a few seconds of continuing explosions, some 101st Airborne soldiers who apparently were better at distinguish incoming from outgoing rounds jumped up and ran outside. Although still hoping to watch the movie, I thought it best to step outside to see what was happening.

I could plainly see the mortar round explosions being walked down the street towards me. So, I gave up on watching the movie to run to secure my M-14 rifle, helmet, flak jacket and go to the trenches. I stayed in the trenches all night to then report to the operations room in the morning for another 12 hour shift intercepting enemy communications. I believe that it wasn’t until I returned home (USA) that I finally saw the movie Patton.

Sounds like real life interfered with enjoying depictions of life.

shaw8700@outlook.com 09-13-2023 10:11 PM

One of the best movies ever.

margaretmattson 09-13-2023 11:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by twoplanekid (Post 2256471)

Thank you for your service. It is my hope that your children and grandchildren never have to experience war. And, together, you can all snuggle up and watch as many movies as you like.

Road-Runner 09-14-2023 02:03 PM

Is your point those tanks should be Sherman's instead? Agree about it being a great movie, watched it too many times to count

Taltarzac725 09-14-2023 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Road-Runner (Post 2256819)
Is your point those tanks should be Sherman's instead? Agree about it being a great movie, watched it too many times to count

Fury - Rotten Tomatoes

Really loved the movie Fury which shows various Sherman tanks in action. It was the tank used in WWII in 1944 or so by the US forces.

M4 Sherman - Wikipedia