Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   Need Dusting Help (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/need-dusting-help-326881/)

alanmcdonald 12-01-2021 10:35 AM

Need Dusting Help

We need someone to dust/vacuum above all the cabinets and ceiling fans in the house.

Any recommendations are appreciated.

Thanks!

retiredguy123 12-01-2021 11:11 AM

DIY. Buy a long dusting wand for the cabinets, and a special dusting tool for the ceiling fans.

I dusted once and it just came back. I'm not falling for that again.

PugMom 12-01-2021 11:35 AM

next time try using a damp duster, & wash it right after use, -and only dust after you sweep or vaccum 1st

Two Bills 12-01-2021 02:09 PM

Ever sine this Covid thing started, wife and I have slowly drifted into living in total squalor.
We have found that the best thing to do with dust is not disturb it.
You only notice it when it gets touched.
Fans should be set on 'very slow' setting, then dust cannot settle on blades.
From another poster on TOTVf we learnt that if debris gets too bad, once a month blast through the house with a leaf blower soon gets that problem sorted.

Hope our experience helps.:icon_wink:

davem4616 12-01-2021 02:23 PM

I got dust...and some 'Irish lace' in the corners too

I'm waiting for one of the kids to come down...thinking maybe they'll help with a little light housework and do some dusting

Being a former Boy Scout, I like to be prepared...so, I've taped 'smelling salts' in various places around the house (like they do in the doctor's offices) just in case I ever see that happen

my wife said that I was foolish and that I wasted a lot of good scotch tape that she could have used to wrap presents to send up to them.

Carla B 12-01-2021 06:41 PM

Getting a valid answer here from a male on house cleaning is frustrating. For instance, my husband can't see dirt. I too want to find someone, male or female, limber enough to clean the high ledges and on top of the cabinets. Good luck, sorry I don't know anyone.

DylanTodd 12-01-2021 07:53 PM

a good potential person who can help

My wife has really enjoyed doing odd jobs like these for a small sum during her retirement. Email Erin at nantucketdreamer2@yahoo.com

DaleDivine 12-02-2021 06:59 AM

Our house cleaners dust our fans and higher places like refrigerator top once a month.
But not on top of cabinets. Really haven't noticed any house guests or friends that come over to jump up on our counters to see if there is dust up there.

:bigbow::bigbow:

Joanne19335 12-02-2021 07:33 AM

Thanks for starting my day with a hearty laugh! Wonderful. 😂

Barryt1985 12-02-2021 08:14 AM

2 Women and a Squeegee. 352.239.5520

cbmerl 12-02-2021 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Two Bills (Post 2035605)
Ever sine this Covid thing started, wife and I have slowly drifted into living in total squalor.
From another poster on TOTVf we learnt that if debris gets too bad, once a month blast through the house with a leaf blower soon gets that problem sorted.

Hilarious!! LOL!

Carlsondm 12-02-2021 11:25 AM

I’m with you. I don’t have high ladders and have asthma to house dust. I hired a handy man to hang a few pictures, change high sensor batteries, and wet wipe fan blades. I’ll bet they would wipe flat surfaces and clean ceiling vents too. I require wet wiping with a microfiber cloth or hepa vacuuming in my home. Just call for estimates and ask. I had a hard time keeping my guy busy for one hour … if that helps.

The jokers on this site have too much time on their hands. Sorry that they divert so much and we have to weed through it. It is a pain for those of us interested in your answers. I wonder if diversions and senility are connected.

jbartle1 12-02-2021 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Two Bills (Post 2035605)

Giggle, snort

PugMom 12-02-2021 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carla B (Post 2035676)
Getting a valid answer here from a male on house cleaning is frustrating. For instance, my husband can't see dirt. I too want to find someone, male or female, limber enough to clean the high ledges and on top of the cabinets. Good luck, sorry I don't know anyone.

i use a duster with a reach of 30ft. (extendable arm). you can get them on amazon, & they come with attachments for various surfaces

A Matthews 12-02-2021 04:23 PM

I'm allergic to dust so my husband wipes down the fans and tops of cabinets with a damp cloth very frequently. I guess I can ad this to his list of handyman skills. Call 843-415-6148.