Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Landscape Talk (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/landscape-talk-129/)
-   -   My landlords landscaper isnt cutting it. (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/landscape-talk-129/my-landlords-landscaper-isnt-cutting-348955/)

Wayne Mudge 03-30-2024 01:08 PM

My landlords landscaper isnt cutting it.

I have not seen the landscape guy in three months and the last visit I did not see him do the back yard. I Am looking to buy a cheep lawnmower and do the yard myself. Let me know.

Two Bills 03-30-2024 01:39 PM

Phone and let the landlord know.

Bogie Shooter 03-30-2024 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wayne Mudge (Post 2317192)
I have not seen the landscape guy in three months and the last visit I did not see him do the back yard. I Am looking to buy a cheep lawnmower and do the yard myself. Let me know.

And you posted on here for what advice? See post #2

villagetinker 03-30-2024 02:23 PM

Occasionally you will find used lawn mowers for sale on the site. You did not state the size of your lot, but there are some 120VAC powered mowers that would probably be good for a small lot. I have previously mentioned to owners of villas to look into robotic mowers as these will probably pay for themselves in 1 year .

Stu from NYC 03-30-2024 02:28 PM

Quote:

Think you know who to contact.

Keefelane66 03-30-2024 02:43 PM

And you waited 3 months?

Shipping up to Boston 03-30-2024 03:25 PM

Just hit the classifieds. Don't know you're situation but I've known some landlords that get sick, don't have the ability both physically or financially to handle properties like they may have in past. Either way, pick up a cheap mower and maybe work with your landlord to reduce your rent in lieu of the work. I respect that you're at least trying to maintain the appearance of your home in his/hers absence.

Bogie Shooter 03-30-2024 03:50 PM

The landlord is paying for a service that he/she is not receiving.
Let them know then decide what should be done. You buying a mower does not solve the problem.

Kelevision 03-31-2024 03:45 AM

Quote:

What did your landlord say when you told him/her? If they’re paying for a service, they should know the service isn’t showing up and advise you.

JWGifford 03-31-2024 05:16 AM

I don't know anything about lawn mowers, but I appreciate the pun.

rrman77 03-31-2024 07:02 AM

landscaper isn't cutting it

Quote:

when we rented in the villages, I let my homeowner know when people showed up to do anything and if no one showed up to do a project they were supposed to. I let him know that too not only are you dissatisfied but the owner of your property is getting shafted, by someone, he is probably paying a monthly charged to so help him out yourself out by contacting him !

BlueStarAirlines 03-31-2024 07:23 AM

Quote:

My neighbor pays $60 a month for lawn service. I spent $110 for a gas push mower and $150 for an electric weed whacker and blower...so $260 in. Its not hard work and is roughly 20 minutes a week. At some point I'll have to get a service, but right now I'm more reliable that any lawn service.

You don't want to cut the lawn since its not your responsibility, but your landlord should know they are not showing up since he is paying them.

lookingtoo 03-31-2024 07:27 AM

Quote:

Just went through the same thing. Best deal is Black Max at Wallmart on sale for $298. runs great just make sure you put oil in it and DO NOT Over fill. do not use entire bottle supplied all at once check it as you go.

Girlcopper 03-31-2024 07:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter (Post 2317221)
The landlord is paying for a service that he/she is not receiving.
Let them know then decide what should be done. You buying a mower does not solve the problem.

I don’t know why you wouldn’t immediately notify the landlord. Hes paying for a service he’s not getting and since you’re the renter it’s your obligation to let him know. How else would he know?? Posting here gets you nowhere

LonnyP 03-31-2024 08:27 AM

At least let your landlord know what is going on, they are likely paying and getting nothing. Another option is to buy instead of renting, then you are in control.