Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Medical and Health Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/medical-health-discussion-94/)
-   -   Best pedicure person for sight ingrown toe nail (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/medical-health-discussion-94/best-pedicure-person-sight-ingrown-toe-nail-340166/)

starflyte1 03-26-2023 05:00 PM

Best pedicure person for sight ingrown toe nail

Can someone recommend someone who is especially good at pedicures and an ingrown toe nail?

I thought I was going to a really good place, but suddenly after 3 years, I have an ingrown nail, that may have been caused by a poor pedicure.

fdpaq0580 03-26-2023 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by starflyte1 (Post 2201641)
Can someone recommend someone who is especially good at pedicures and an ingrown toe nail?

I thought I was going to a really good place, but suddenly after 3 years, I have an ingrown nail, that may have been caused by a poor pedicure.

Your shoes are too tight.
I have dremel tool for nail, tequila for pain.

Seriously, I feel your pain. Mine is an ongoing battle that I deal with on my own. Sharp, heavy duty nippers to trim the nail. Tequila to steady my hands and give me courage. (The tequila part is a joke. I drink scotch.)

Keefelane66 03-26-2023 06:15 PM

Find a Podiatrist to take care of issue before resuming pedi.

badkarma318 03-26-2023 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Keefelane66 (Post 2201653)
Find a Podiatrist to take care of issue before resuming pedi.

This. A qualified Podiatrist should be able to get you back on your feet in under 30 minutes, using local anesthesia.

tophcfa 03-26-2023 06:49 PM

JMintzer, he is a retired podiatrist and based his daily posts on TOTV he appears to have lots of free time on his hands : )

Boomer 03-26-2023 06:57 PM

You might want to go to a podiatrist. A podiatrist can do some things to keep a wayward nail from constantly being a problem.

My northern podiatrist took care of a wicked toenail for me. It was never infected, but the darn thing was always growing an ugly little horn. The procedure the podiatrist did was more extensive than what a pedicurist can do, but that toenail never got away from me again.

(I am a little hinky about salon pedicures sometimes. I try not to think about how clean that little tub and those tools really are. That’s just me, but……an ingrown nail can require digging, slicing, cutting — and I want a foot doc to do that in a medical office.)

In TV, I went to Dr. Shannon Floyd for a torn tendon. I really liked her. If you need a podiatrist, I recommend her.

Boomer

JMintzer 03-26-2023 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tophcfa (Post 2201659)
JMintzer, he is a retired podiatrist and based his daily posts on TOTV he appears to have lots of free time on his hands : )

Not retired... Just very efficient with my time...
I could fix it in 15 minutes...

Waterfront 03-27-2023 05:14 AM

What kind of doctor do you see for an ingrown nail in your hand? Hangnails

Hangnails make my fingers hurt! I don't like to get pedicures or manicures in beauty shops. Thank you for your advice.

Worldseries27 03-27-2023 05:15 AM

Yo, ho, ho and a bottle of rum

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by fdpaq0580 (Post 2201649)
your shoes are too tight.

Seriously, i feel your pain. Mine is an ongoing battle that i deal with on my own. Sharp, heavy duty nippers to trim the nail. Tequila to steady my hands and give me courage. (the tequila part is a joke. I drink scotch.)

simple procedure, take the pain killer shot, you'll be free of your malady

La lamy 03-27-2023 05:25 AM

No references, but I feel your pain. I was in pointe shoes for decades, so I had to do constant nail maintenance via podiatrist to keep them manageable. I would reconsider footwear (no pointe shoes! Hahaha) and definitely go to a doctor. Maybe they'd know a good pedicurist to recommend.

Singerlady 03-27-2023 06:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fdpaq0580 (Post 2201649)
Your shoes are too tight.

Seriously, I feel your pain. Mine is an ongoing battle that I deal with on my own. Sharp, heavy duty nippers to trim the nail. Tequila to steady my hands and give me courage. (The tequila part is a joke. I drink scotch.)

Not necessarily caused by shoes that are too tight. Mine is because of multiple foot surgeries.
See podiatrist first.

Villages Kahuna 03-27-2023 06:23 AM

Dr. Michael Casteel, podiatrist. (352-674-8700). He has office hours both in the Brownwood and Spanish Springs Villages Health Specialty Centers.

Rzepecki 03-27-2023 06:40 AM

Angela’s Nails at Palm Ridge Plaza.

broiler 03-27-2023 07:03 AM

Angie at Solar Nails in Colony Plaza fixed mine… hurt and bled. She apologized continuously. I thanked her and over tipped her.

mlmarr 03-27-2023 07:37 AM

Call a podiatrist.. you could have a infection also.. never rely on nail salons..