Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   Belle Meade Circle Gate. (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/belle-meade-circle-gate-257318/)

Mleeja 03-03-2018 07:40 PM

Belle Meade Circle Gate.

Have not been up to the Mulberry area in about a month. Was surprised when I saw the cart by-pass lanes at the Belle Meade Circle gate were blocked to cart traffic. Wonder who’s great idea this was? We always need another chance to mix cart and auto traffic!

GoodLife 03-03-2018 07:44 PM

I think this is just temporary, they were painting the white street markings the other day.

Bentheredt 03-03-2018 08:59 PM

They now have a white post in the center with a sign that states " Pedestrian Traffic Only" It does not look temporary.

Rapscallion St Croix 03-03-2018 09:16 PM

I am starting a pool regarding when first white pole gets knocked down. I will take "probably already happened"

DonH57 03-03-2018 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mleeja (Post 1520351)
Have not been up to the Mulberry area in about a month. Was surprised when I saw the cart by-pass lanes at the Belle Meade Circle gate were blocked to cart traffic. Wonder who’s great idea this was? We always need another chance to mix cart and auto traffic!

I noticed it as well as it was done rather quickly. That area is a bad place to quickly merge car's and golf carts with that curve and no sign ahead.

DonH57 03-03-2018 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rapscallion St Croix (Post 1520371)
I am starting a pool regarding when first white pole gets knocked down. I will take "probably already happened"

I wouldn't be surprised !

Mleeja 03-04-2018 10:46 AM

There is a District 4 Town Hall Meeting this week. I (1) cannot attend due to prior commitments (2) do not live in District 4. Hopefully some attending the meeting will ask. Seems our district governments has been doing a lot of unusual things lately.

Rapscallion St Croix 03-14-2018 04:25 PM

While exiting that gate this morning, I saw a group of cyclists go through the now marked "Pedestrian Only" bypass. I am not sure what the collective noun for a group of recreational cyclists is but I will go with "an arrogance of cyclists".

Wiotte 03-14-2018 09:13 PM

Belle Meade Circle Gate.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rapscallion St Croix (Post 1523603)
While exiting that gate this morning, I saw a group of cyclists go through the now marked "Pedestrian Only" bypass. I am not sure what the collective noun for a group of recreational cyclists is but I will go with "an arrogance of cyclists".

In Florida their protected, for whatever reason. Try cycling the way they do on Long Island they’ll soon learn their NOTHING special, just cycling pests that are routinely shown how not special they really are. I lived in the Town of Southold, organized cycling was banned 3 years ago, proving their only a nuisance and not wanted.
Roads were built for cars and trucks, recreational transportation should be limited to bike paths and side streets.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CFrance 03-14-2018 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wiotte (Post 1523679)
In Florida their protected, for whatever reason. Try cycling the way they do on Long Island they’ll soon learn their NOTHING special, just cycling pests that are routinely shown how not special they really are. I lived in the Town of Southold, organized cycling was banned 3 years ago, proving their only a nuisance and not wanted.
Roads were built for cars and trucks, recreational transportation should be limited to bike paths and side streets.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wait for it...:popcorn:

CFrance 03-15-2018 07:21 AM

No opinion one way or the other coming from me. I'm just waiting for the cyclers to start up!