Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   All About pets (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/all-about-pets-120/)
-   -   Mobile Vet...2nd. Try (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/all-about-pets-120/mobile-vet-2nd-try-342584/)

ThirdOfFive 07-10-2023 02:53 PM

Mobile Vet...2nd. Try

Any recommendations based on personal experience for a compassionate, competent and reasonably priced mobile vet serving The Villages (northern part)?

Many thanks...

goldseekur 07-11-2023 05:30 AM

Paws n Relax - 352-630-8001 The groomer is Kathy. Very impressed with her professionalism and the quality of her work with Miles. It was the first time using a mobile groomer. She came and talked to us before the appointment and got to know Miles and she also showed us the inside of her grooming van. Very, very clean and organized. The van is completely self contained so she doesn't even need any of your water.
Miles looks GREAT after her grooming. He has gotten many comments on how good the cut is.
Give her a call. She had been on TOV several times.

Keefelane66 07-11-2023 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by goldseekur (Post 2233987)
Paws n Relax - 352-630-8001 The groomer is Kathy. Very impressed with her professionalism and the quality of her work with Miles. It was the first time using a mobile groomer. She came and talked to us before the appointment and got to know Miles and she also showed us the inside of her grooming van. Very, very clean and organized. The van is completely self contained so she doesn't even need any of your water.
Miles looks GREAT after her grooming. He has gotten many comments on how good the cut is.
Give her a call. She had been on TOV several times.

She’s looking for a veterinarian not a groomer.

PugMom 07-11-2023 11:34 AM

Clay Oaks Vet, 352-817-9373. Good luck with you pet, but they aren't inexpensive.

ThirdOfFive 07-11-2023 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PugMom (Post 2234188)
Clay Oaks Vet, 352-817-9373. Good luck with you pet, but they aren't inexpensive.

Thank you.

PugMom 07-11-2023 02:54 PM

so coincidental that i saw ur post today. it so happened they were by my house today to see the 65lb dog i can't lift into the back seat anymore. that's the real reason i chose them. here i have some basic costs associated with the visit: house call less than 40miles, (which you fit into) is $80. physical exam without bloodwork was $50. nail trim is 35$, and MASSIVE bloodwork inc. senior profile & heartworm test was just under $400. so yeah, be prepared to spend, but when that massive truck pulls up, it's a full functioning hospital with xray machines, surgical table for procedures, and a full dental tub setup that lets them do everything right in front of your home. i'm sure that's where the majority of the $$ goes, i can't imagine the upkeep costs of such an arrangement... btw: i learned many of the so called mobile vets do euthanization only, Clay Oaks is the only 1 i found in my area that does medicine. they are friendly & VERY good with pets. i was a vet tech up north for many years, & this vet has excellent services & is very knowledgeable. i hope i helped you!!

ThirdOfFive 07-11-2023 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PugMom (Post 2234256)
so coincidental that i saw ur post today. it so happened they were by my house today to see the 65lb dog i can't lift into the back seat anymore. that's the real reason i chose them. here i have some basic costs associated with the visit: house call less than 40miles, (which you fit into) is $80. physical exam without bloodwork was $50. nail trim is 35$, and MASSIVE bloodwork inc. senior profile & heartworm test was just under $400. so yeah, be prepared to spend, but when that massive truck pulls up, it's a full functioning hospital with xray machines, surgical table for procedures, and a full dental tub setup that lets them do everything right in front of your home. i'm sure that's where the majority of the $$ goes, i can't imagine the upkeep costs of such an arrangement... btw: i learned many of the so called mobile vets do euthanization only, Clay Oaks is the only 1 i found in my area that does medicine. they are friendly & VERY good with pets. i was a vet tech up north for many years, & this vet has excellent services & is very knowledgeable. i hope i helped you!!

Much appreciated; both the vote of confidence and an idea of the cost. I don't mind paying top dollar for good service.

Plutoqueen 07-12-2023 05:54 AM

Clay Oaks Vet, 352-817-9373

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThirdOfFive (Post 2233888)
Any recommendations based on personal experience for a compassionate, competent and reasonably priced mobile vet serving The Villages (northern part)?

Many thanks...

Clay Oaks are the best! Extremely reliable and great with pets! Worth every penny!

villagesfran 07-12-2023 06:34 AM

Vet

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThirdOfFive (Post 2233888)

Many thanks...

Healthy Pet The Mobile Vet - Dr. Angel (yes really her name) Smith. She is positively awesome. Very compassionate, explains everything (including medications). Been using her for three years. 352-470-9537 leave a message, they will call back.

PugMom 07-12-2023 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by villagesfran (Post 2234392)
Healthy Pet The Mobile Vet - Dr. Angel (yes really her name) Smith. She is positively awesome. Very compassionate, explains everything (including medications). Been using her for three years. 352-470-9537 leave a message, they will call back.

thx for sharing,...i'll keep them in mind as a backup plan. do you know how far out their appts are? what i mean is, if i call today, how soon do you think they could get me in? clay oaks has a 2-3week wait on the schedule, except for emergencies. am just comparing, thx again!