Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Restaurant Discussions (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/restaurant-discussions-90/)
-   -   Red Sauce Bad Experience (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/restaurant-discussions-90/red-sauce-bad-experience-290103/)

mtdjed 04-18-2019 10:26 PM

Red Sauce Bad Experience

Went as a group to Red Sauce at Lake Sumter landing last Sat about 1:30. Asked for seating for six and waitress tried to seat us in a 4 person booth and we requested a table for 6. The place was not busy and plenty of tables available. Waitress said she had to ask the manager and he said no. We saw the transaction and the manager in charge appeared to be serving other customers. Our request was denied. We decided to leave and go elsewhere and left. We often go to Red Sauce and all were surprised at their lack of accommodation.

Sent a memo to Red Sauce regarding the interaction and got no response. Never saw this lack of customer concern there before. The lack of response is even worse. Maybe their empire is getting to big.

Chellybean 04-19-2019 07:32 AM

Doesn't surprise me, some of the manager staff in the villages isn't to bright when it comes to customer service.
They wont fix it until there bottom line gets hurt and than its to late for there reputation. i wish you luck in getting a response.

Bay Kid 04-19-2019 07:35 AM

So sad. I like their food.

karostay 04-19-2019 07:36 AM

You showed them....

dewilson58 04-19-2019 07:57 AM

Post your concern on their Facebook page...........that's public and they are more likely to reply.

PennBF 04-19-2019 08:02 AM

Worst Management

I have to agree that Red Sauce must have the worst Management. At one time I had a Clam Sauce to go and it had more sand than the Atlantic Ocean. After a few months decided to try them again. Ordered a Chicken Dinner to go..Waited the 20 minutes and then went to the restaurant to pick it up. Told they forgot to put the order in the computer and it would be another 20-25 minutes. Left and will avoid them in the future. P.S. Please all you pretend comics that really have no humor find another way to try to get attention!!:ohdear:

dewilson58 04-19-2019 08:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PennBF (Post 1643345)
I have to agree that Red Sauce must have the worst Management. At one time I had a Clam Sauce to go and it had more sand than the Atlantic Ocean. After a few months decided to try them again. Ordered a Chicken Dinner to go..Waited the 20 minutes and then went to the restaurant to pick it up. Told they forgot to put the order in the computer and it would be another 20-25 minutes. Left and will avoid them in the future. P.S. Please all you pretend comics that really have no humor find another way to try to get attention!!:ohdear:

Not trying to be a comic with my post...........if they are not responding to a email, go public on FB and use their FB page for a more public expression.

Just walking out of the shop does no good.

:ohdear:

vintageogauge 04-19-2019 08:59 AM

We went there about a month ago, food was fair, service was poor at best, table was sticky. Most likely will not go back again as we go to either Chef's of Napoli or Sammy's for Italian food now.

champion6 04-19-2019 09:15 AM

But, but, but ... I thought everyone LOVES the Suleiman restaurants - Havana CC, Johnny Rockets, Legacy Bar & Grill, Legacy Restaurant, Redsauce.

I DO!!!

Chi-Town 04-19-2019 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by champion6 (Post 1643372)
But, but, but ... I thought everyone LOVES the Suleiman restaurants - Havana CC, Johnny Rockets, Legacy Bar & Grill, Legacy Restaurant, Redsauce.

I DO!!!

Heard they're taking over Glenview. May be old news.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

OrangeBlossomBaby 04-19-2019 10:12 AM

We went to Redsauce a few years ago (we have only just recently purchased in the Villages and are only in the early stages of physically moving in but we've vacationed in TV a few times, which is why we decided to buy here). Once it was just me and hubby. The other time was me, hubby, and parental units. The first time we really liked it, though the service was very slow. Polite, but slow. The second time was similar. Great food, polite but slow service. My parents weren't impressed with the food. I remember really enjoying the ravioli with the lobster and cream sauce. Hoping it's still memorable in a positive way, it'd be a great place to go for special treats (anniversary, birthday, etc).

Two Bills 04-19-2019 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jazuela (Post 1643393)
We went to Redsauce a few years ago (we have only just recently purchased in the Villages and are only in the early stages of physically moving in but we've vacationed in TV a few times, which is why we decided to buy here). Once it was just me and hubby. The other time was me, hubby, and parental units. The first time we really liked it, though the service was very slow. Polite, but slow. The second time was similar. Great food, polite but slow service. My parents weren't impressed with the food. I remember really enjoying the ravioli with the lobster and cream sauce. Hoping it's still memorable in a positive way, it'd be a great place to go for special treats (anniversary, birthday, etc).

Parental Units? Are they Binary or Decimal?

CFrance 04-19-2019 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Two Bills (Post 1643437)

That's funny!

We used to call ours "the Rents." Guess looking back that wasn't very nice. Lord only knows how ours refer to us.

OrangeBlossomBaby 04-19-2019 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Two Bills (Post 1643437)

Saturday Night Live reference, circa 1977ish. Also the movie, which was 1993.

ColdNoMore 04-20-2019 06:31 AM

I think Red Sauce is coasting off of...their old good reputation.

Although I hadn't been there in a few years, I took a golf buddy visiting from out of state there last month.

I kept bragging it up and after really slow service, our orders weren't anything special...to justify having waited so long.:ohdear:

While I don't drink and he's well-traveled from visiting golf destinations around the world, he made a wry comment that the 'house' wine (red) that he ordered, probably set them back...at least a whole $5 a bottle. :1rotfl:

Even I, who knows nothing of wine... knew that wasn't a compliment. :D

I apologized and told him that they must have just been having a really off night (it was a Saturday), but after reading other comments...I'm thinking it wasn't a 'one-off.' :oops: