Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   Spanish Springs construction in June (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/spanish-springs-construction-june-52652/)

Schaumburger 05-02-2012 12:17 AM

Spanish Springs construction in June

I know there will not be music at night at Spanish Springs for the first 3? (correct me if I'm wrong on the number of weeks) in June because there will be constructions going on at the square. What kind of construction is being done at Spanish Springs in June? So I'll be hanging out at LSL when I rent in June :pepper2:

zcaveman 05-02-2012 06:18 AM

Spanish Springs Town Square

This is an e-notification I received yesterday.

Spanish Springs Town Square

The Spanish Springs Town Square will be closed for maintenance beginning May 30, 2012, for approximately three to four weeks. During this time there will be no entertainment on the Square; however, all of the restaurants, shops and other entertainment opportunities will be available during that time. We appreciate your patience and understanding that this maintenance results in well maintained facilities that will provide enjoyment for years to come.

thekeithfan 05-02-2012 07:15 AM

z caveman are you the official Villages spokesperson?

asianthree 05-02-2012 07:23 AM

I hear they are making the fountains like disney so we can run thru them on a hot day

zcaveman 05-02-2012 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thekeithfan (Post 487144)
z caveman are you the official Villages spokesperson?

Not really. Lots of people get the e-notifications. I just thought I would put it on TOTV For those that don't get the e-notifications or the other publications that mentioned the closing.

CaptJohn 05-02-2012 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zcaveman (Post 487252)
Not really. Lots of people get the e-notifications. I just thought I would put it on TOTV For those that don't get the e-notifications or the other publications that mentioned the closing.

Thanks for that. I'm one that doesn't get them.

memason 05-02-2012 10:55 AM

eNotifications

ANyone wishing to signup for the notifications can do so at the link below... It's free and can be quite informative...

VCDD e-Notifications Sign Up

ilovetv 05-02-2012 10:57 AM

LSL too?

I read somewhere that Lake Sumter Landing square would be closed for several weeks in May, too, for similar construction, but the Entertainment schedule has the usual live bands etc. thru May 8. Is LSL closing for a couple of weeks, too?

Schaumburger 05-03-2012 06:00 PM

Thanks zcaveman and memason for the infomation. I can alway count on the TV veterans! See you all on June 8. That's only 35 days away but who's counting? :) :pepper2:

Posh 08 05-03-2012 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Schaumburger (Post 488006)
Thanks zcaveman and memason for the infomation. I can alway count on the TV veterans! See you all on June 8. That's only 35 days away but who's counting? :) :pepper2:

Sorry we'll miss you as our visit isn't until the 17th. LSL is going to be the place to be?

Schaumburger 05-03-2012 06:15 PM

I enjoy visiting both squares at night (I usually alternate between the two) to see the music and dancing when I rent in TV. This time I'm renting in Mira Mesa, just down the road from Spanish Springs, but it will be all LSL at night for me in June. I do want to try the new Italian restaurant in SS (Luigino's - spelling?) next month. Hopefully I will be making a second visit to TV in the fall - October? Maybe by then Brownwood will be open -- keeping my fingers crossed on that one.

PaPaLarry 05-04-2012 06:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ilovetv (Post 487284)
I read somewhere that Lake Sumter Landing square would be closed for several weeks in May, too, for similar construction, but the Entertainment schedule has the usual live bands etc. thru May 8. Is LSL closing for a couple of weeks, too?

You better go back and read that again, or find out where you read it, before we have another rumor going. Can you imagine two Squares closed at the same time??????:confused::shrug::22yikes::rolleyes:

memason 05-04-2012 06:53 AM

Three to four weeks is a long time to close the square for "maintenance". Has anyone seen the intended schedule of work or know what they are actually doing to the square?

As fast as they build things here, it could be a completely new square in four weeks ... :)

Bill-n-Brillo 05-04-2012 07:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by memason (Post 488118)
Three to four weeks is a long time to close the square for "maintenance". Has anyone seen the intended schedule of work or know what they are actually doing to the square?

As fast as they build things here, it could be a completely new square in four weeks ... :)

Now THAT would be interesting to see!!! :D Time will tell!

Bill :)