Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   We have banned a member of Talk of The Villages (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/we-have-banned-member-talk-villages-9219/)

Talk Host 08-11-2007 07:52 PM

We have banned a member of Talk of The Villages

As administrators, we hate to ban anybody from this forum. There was a member who was becoming disruptive with off the wall and insensitive comments. Often times it was not possible to understand what was meant in the body of the post. Following numerous complaints and observation on our part, we felt it in the best interest of the forum to ban this member.

JLK

villages07 08-11-2007 08:13 PM

Re: We have banned a member of Talk of The Villages

Jan...good move; I was wondering whether that was a real person or someone spoofing to be someone or something that he/she wasn't. Posts were contradictory and confusing. I know you didn't want to do this but it had gone on long enough. Thanks.

darbyduff 08-11-2007 08:16 PM

Thank you Jan from all of us. We all know who you mean. I truly did not think he was a "real" person. Just someone who was having a bit of fun at our expense. But again....Thanks. (couldn't read most of his posts anyway)

bogart 08-11-2007 09:28 PM

Thank you. :agree:

noleguy 08-11-2007 10:24 PM

Good move....I believe we had an impostor.

bestmickey 08-12-2007 05:49 PM

Thanks loads....much appreciated. I learned from another site that I visit that there are "trolls" whose sole purpose is to be disruptive on these sites. The individual will likely return, using a different name. I expect we'll be able to identify him/her if that happens.

darbyduff 08-12-2007 06:15 PM

It's easy to spot someone with an IQ lower than my golf score.. :joke:

Frangyomory 08-12-2007 07:50 PM

I am delighted that you guys really monitor the board and appreciate what you have done. :bigthumbsup:

bamafan 08-12-2007 08:16 PM

My first inclination was that maybe there was a medical condition that was the culprit, but then I thought that the no replies to our pleas for explanations going unanswered pointed in a different direction. The TOTV board did the only rational thing it could. :agree:

handieman 08-12-2007 08:26 PM

:( Darn I miss all the fun, I haven't a clue who you banned but i find it hard to believe theres someone more disruptive than me :#1:
Handie :joke:

Talk Host 08-13-2007 04:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by handieman
:( Darn I miss all the fun, I haven't a clue who you banned but i find it hard to believe theres someone more disruptive than me :#1:
Handie :joke:

Weren't you the guy we banned? :dontknow: Ah, no, that's right, that was some other disruptive person ;D

jjdees 08-13-2007 07:50 AM

Looks like the ban was for someone else................

Donna 08-13-2007 08:43 AM

Jan, I guess that person is another Houdini... ::)

nanci2539 08-13-2007 08:58 AM

It was the right move Jan. I always felt like I was sitting on the edge of my seat waiting for him/her to respond to our many requests on "not trusting realtors". How many of us suggested spell check!

Thanks, like I said, good move.

F16 1UB 08-13-2007 09:02 AM

??? sumthhuns knot kwite wryte heer spoatfans