Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, New Members Forum (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-new-members-forum-115/)
-   -   Mail Service (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-new-members-forum-115/mail-service-346707/)

kitnhead 01-09-2024 11:14 AM

Mail Service

I know many villages have issues with mail delivery. As such, I’d like to let everyone know that a representative from US Postal Service will be at Everglades Recreational Center tomorrow (Wed 1/10) from 9-11 am. This is a service of our elected representative that occurs a few times per year. Other departments being represented will be VA, IRS and SS. Everglades is the rec center in Marsh Bend. We have not gotten any traction contacting Lady Lake about the postal service, but perhaps if residents go in-person tomorrow, we may start to turn this situation around. I am told that the contracted postal employees are vindictive and when complaints have been posted to Facebook, retaliation occurs. I thought this board was a safer option.

Keefelane66 01-09-2024 11:48 AM

In 15 years we haven't had any known issues with Postal Delivery.

villagetinker 01-09-2024 04:54 PM

We have been in Pinellas, and have had no problems with the mail, and even had the postal contractor deliver items to the house, they get a tip every Christmas.

dewilson58 01-09-2024 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by villagetinker (Post 2289581)
We have been in Pinellas, and have had no problems with the mail, and even had the postal contractor deliver items to the house, they get a tip every Christmas.

Same station as tink, love our crew delivering our mail.

Very friendly and no issues for over 10 years.

Velvet 01-09-2024 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by villagetinker (Post 2289581)

Same here at Mallory. We have exemplary Postal Service.

kitnhead 01-09-2024 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Keefelane66 (Post 2289493)

That’s awesome. We have a big problem in some of the newer villages.

kitnhead 01-09-2024 08:14 PM

Quote:

That’s awesome. We have a big problem in some of the newer villages. Specifically Hawkins. I’d like to keep it just where the problems are, but like I said, people have posted on FB and their mail service got worst for their trouble. So if your mail service is good, you don’t have to worry about this thread.

mrf0151 01-10-2024 08:12 AM

20 years here in The Villages now and mail has not been an issue. As far as we are concerned, they could deliver mail 1-2 days a week and that would be just fine.

Bill14564 01-10-2024 08:35 AM

Can only speak to the last four years but Hillsborough is in very good shape as well.

asianthree 01-10-2024 08:45 AM

After living in multiple villages what determines your quality of mail service is your contractor. Informed Delivery made residents aware of mail not showing up, which seems to not sit well with some contractors.

One village residents mail in wrong boxes, packages sat in the back for days before finally entering in a larger box. Mail delivered to wrong boxes, became so common, that residents would drop off wrong mail at their neighbors who greatly appreciated the gesture. If you wanted to inquire about a informed missing mail or package, either no one would answer the knock, or just tell you no time to look, you just need to wait.

Once you filed a complaint mail became even more sketchy, a PO Box was just smart. Just before we left that village, 2 of the workers were moved to different stations, after dealing with serious Mail issues for 4 years. Things started to improve

Stu from NYC 01-10-2024 08:46 AM

Doing well in Bonita also

huge-pigeons 01-11-2024 06:22 AM

No problems south of 44.

BlueStarAirlines 01-11-2024 06:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kitnhead (Post 2289610)
That’s awesome. We have a big problem in some of the newer villages.

No issues at all in Deluna...

midiwiz 01-11-2024 07:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kitnhead (Post 2289470)
I know many villages have issues with mail delivery. As such, I’d like to let everyone know that a representative from US Postal Service will be at Everglades Recreational Center tomorrow (Wed 1/10) from 9-11 am. This is a service of our elected representative that occurs a few times per year. Other departments being represented will be VA, IRS and SS. Everglades is the rec center in Marsh Bend. We have not gotten any traction contacting Lady Lake about the postal service, but perhaps if residents go in-person tomorrow, we may start to turn this situation around. I am told that the contracted postal employees are vindictive and when complaints have been posted to Facebook, retaliation occurs. I thought this board was a safer option.

you are spot on. I've tried Lady Lake with the same results and still have the same issues, and from this last season apparently a vendetta against me . go figure.

Rodneysblue 01-11-2024 08:11 AM

Quote:

Same here, the ladies at the Paradise Postal Station are very nice and friendly They do a great job!!