Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Medical and Health Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/medical-health-discussion-94/)
-   -   (Specific) Question About TV Dermatologists (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/medical-health-discussion-94/specific-question-about-tv-dermatologists-336647/)

bsloan1960 11-11-2022 03:14 PM

(Specific) Question About TV Dermatologists

We live in Mass and will move to TV in 9 months. I go the the Dermatologist twice a year for "cancer checks" and as need when something starts growing on me that needs to be removed- usually "minor" cancers like a Basal Cell, etc.

New patients have to wait nearly 6 months to be seen by her, but she has a policy that CURRENT patients will be seen within 10 days for any skin problem that pops up. This is fantastic because these little cancers can grow large pretty fast. By comparison my Gastroenterologist makes CURRENT patients wait 3 months to be seen.

So my question is this- Does anyone see a Dermatologist who has a similar policy of seeing existing patients quickly like my current Mass Dr.? I hate to think I'd have to fly to Mass to be seen quickly if I get some rapidly growing lesion.

retiredguy123 11-11-2022 03:21 PM

I go to Dr. Casper at Alliant Dermatology. I don't know about a specific policy, but I have been able to get an appointment within a day or so, but it was with a PA, not the dermatologist. If you have an issue, that is good enough for me in an emergency.

billethkid 11-11-2022 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by retiredguy123 (Post 2156906)
I go to Dr. Casper at Alliant Dermatology. I don't know about a specific policy, but I have been able to get an appointment within a day or so, but it was with a PA, not the dermatologist. If you have an issue, that is good enough for me in an emergency.

Ditto above.....they are with Alliant Dermatology. Never a problem getting a sooner than later appointment.

The PAs there I think are exceptional!

OrangeBlossomBaby 11-11-2022 06:37 PM

I went with Aesthetic Dermatology and booked my first consultation two weeks ago, for today. He took two biopsies during the initial evaluation. It was with Dr. Allyn.

Mrs.Guy 11-11-2022 06:58 PM

:icon_wink:
Dr. Casper at Alliant Dermatology. You can always call and find out.

JohnN 11-11-2022 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by retiredguy123 (Post 2156906)

I've been going to Alliant Dermatology for years. Great place.

villagetinker 11-11-2022 08:33 PM

An additional vote for Dr. Casper and his staff. my wife and i have been going for several years, and I did have one instance where I needed quick service and was seen almost immediately by another doctor in the practice. Item removed and tested, no cancer.

Dotneko 11-11-2022 08:35 PM

Had my first appointment with Alliant this week. Easy scheduling. Waiting on biopsy results. Ill be switching to them for my yearly skin checks too.

walterray1 11-11-2022 08:36 PM

Dr Casper and staff

Quote:

Originally Posted by villagetinker (Post 2156959)
An additional vote for Dr. Casper and his staff. my wife and i have been going for several years, and I did have one instance where I needed quick service and was seen almost immediately by another doctor in the practice. Item removed and tested, no cancer.

been a patient for almost 10 years. Great doctor and practice. Speed for appointment is an issue but quality of service is the most important in my mind.

bsloan1960 11-12-2022 02:33 AM

Thank You for your answers!

Stu from NYC 11-12-2022 05:53 AM

Try advanced dermatology

dewilson58 11-12-2022 07:22 AM

The Dermatology Institute and Skin Cancer Center
2783 Brownwood Blvd, The Villages, FL 32163

LucyP 11-13-2022 06:24 AM

Dermatology & Mohs Surgery DrJonny Gurgen DO FAOCD 352-435-7695. Two locations.

Quote:

Originally Posted by bsloan1960 (Post 2156901)
We live in Mass and will move to TV in 9 months. I go the the Dermatologist twice a year for "cancer checks" and as need when something starts growing on me that needs to be removed- usually "minor" cancers like a Basal Cell, etc.

New patients have to wait nearly 6 months to be seen by her, but she has a policy that CURRENT patients will be seen within 10 days for any skin problem that pops up. This is fantastic because these little cancers can grow large pretty fast. By comparison my Gastroenterologist makes CURRENT patients wait 3 months to be seen.

So my question is this- Does anyone see a Dermatologist who has a similar policy of seeing existing patients quickly like my current Mass Dr.? I hate to think I'd have to fly to Mass to be seen quickly if I get some rapidly growing lesion.

Dermatology & Mohs Surgery DrJonny Gurgen DO FAOCD 352-435-7695. Two locations.

Sunflower33 11-13-2022 07:25 AM

I agree. We left Casper who we saw for years because we could never get an appt Dermatology institute saw us immediately as a new patient We also got seen quickly for other problems. Love the doctor and staff

Bridget Staunton 11-13-2022 07:28 AM

Dr Hassanein great surgeon & dermatologist, on 466 behind CVS my hubby see him every 3 months