Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, Non Villages Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-non-villages-discussion-93/)
-   -   Which dumpster fire is worse, Crypto or Tesla? (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-non-villages-discussion-93/dumpster-fire-worse-crypto-tesla-337732/)

tophcfa 12-27-2022 11:16 PM

Which dumpster fire is worse, Crypto or Tesla?

Bitcoin and Tesla are down 68% and 72% year to date, ouch! One is a fictional asset with no tangible backing and the other is a company based on government subsidies, false promises, and technology that’s a hope and dream. Both have Elon Musk’s fingerprints all over them, not to mention the social media company (Twitter) that is his newest train wreck project. It appears the golden boy’s luck has run dry? So much for muskrat love.

tvbound 12-28-2022 06:21 AM

I've never really liked Musk as a person, but have greatly admired his mind and imagination...until he bought Twitter. I think we're seeing how much he really wants to play God, with the head-scratching and potentially self-destructing moves he's made at Twitter since becoming the "Chief Twit."

No one should kid themselves however, as even though Tesla is currently getting hammered and Twitter is a mess, the other companies he owns, or partly owns (Space-X, SolarCity, Tesla Energy, The Boring Company, Neuralink), are still leaders/innovators in their segments and highly valued.

Going from the richest person on the planet, to now only the second richest person (current estimated net worth of $139 billion as of Dec. 27, according to Forbes) - isn't exactly a reason to say he's now toast.

An easy way to put it into perspective, is understanding that if $1 was equal to 1 second, a million dollars would be about 12 days - and a billion dollars is about 31 years!

Babubhat 12-28-2022 06:30 AM

Both Fear and greed driven by cult behavior. At least you have a real asset with Tesla technology.

PoolBrews 12-28-2022 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tophcfa (Post 2170534)
Bitcoin and Tesla are down 68% and 72% year to date, ouch! One is a fictional asset with no tangible backing and the other is a company based on government subsidies, false promises, and technology that’s a hope and dream. Both have Elon Musk’s fingerprints all over them, not to mention the social media company (Twitter) that is his newest train wreck project. It appears the golden boy’s luck has run dry? So much for muskrat love.

So, because Musk owns a bunch of bitcoin, he has his "fingers all over it"? He had nothing to do with setting up cryptocurrency, managing it, or ensuring it remained solvent. He was just another consumer of it.

I'm Popeye! 12-28-2022 10:06 AM

Yep, As someone wrote on another thread:
. . . . "This place is just like Twitter before Elon Musk."
They stopped picking on Orange and now shifted their attention to a new target... :ohdear:

justjim 12-28-2022 10:18 AM

Joining a crowd of over zealous stock enthusiasts can drive you into bankruptcy. Not my cup of tea.

MrFlorida 12-28-2022 11:09 AM

Never trusted Bitcoin, glad I didn't get sucked into it.

New Englander 12-28-2022 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrFlorida (Post 2170690)
Never trusted Bitcoin, glad I didn't get sucked into it.

Same here.

Chi-Town 12-28-2022 12:14 PM

Musk has negative carryover from Twitter purchase.

Boomer 12-28-2022 12:18 PM

TSLA’s 52-week range: 108.25 — 402.67………wow……..Stable Genius???

Boomer

CoachKandSportsguy 12-28-2022 05:50 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I will just leave this here. .

Aces4 12-28-2022 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoachKandSportsguy (Post 2170788)
I will just leave this here. .

I give that piece no credence. An avowed Twitter alum tells you a lot about him and why he’s upset that Musk now owns Twitter. That feels like a very political piece to me and I know that’s not allowed.

Mortal1 12-28-2022 06:40 PM

Lol!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by tophcfa (Post 2170534)

the sky is falling. Perhaps you'd refer George Soros?

merrymini 12-29-2022 05:06 AM

Owned a tesla. Terrific car. The mistake is thinking everyone should own an EV, like the Federal government. Read up on what the Toyota CEO has said, we cannot go totally over, it just doesn’t work. Musk is innovative and challenging. I do not tweet but am glad to have the air cleared.

Two Bills 12-29-2022 05:35 AM

1 Attachment(s)
In UK Tesla are doing very well.

Attachment 96289