Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, New Members Forum (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-new-members-forum-115/)
-   -   OSU Buckeye & Cincy Fan new to The Villages (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-new-members-forum-115/osu-buckeye-cincy-fan-new-villages-54688/)

StuMas 06-09-2012 10:02 AM

OSU Buckeye & Cincy Fan new to The Villages

Just closed on a villa in Sabal Chase. We're coming from PA but I have Ohio roots. I'm looking forward to finding some kindred spirits instead of having to exist amongst all the Ravens, Steelers, Eagles & Nittany Lion diehards. I hope there are some of you out there.

Stu

kyblue 06-09-2012 10:27 AM

Cincinnati fan always

Redrok 06-09-2012 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kyblue (Post 503713)
Cincinnati fan always - lived there until came here - but - not a Buckeye fan. Guess I can only attend 1/2 the meetings (hehehhee). KY/UC Fan - Buckeye club has a ton of members

New too, or will be on the 19th. But not a Cincy fan. Sorry, but maybe we can watch when the University of Louisville Cardinals play that other school up the river as long as no one gets too serious when they lose. Well one team does have to lose, right!

And maybe we can poke fun at kyblue when they lose to either Louisville or Cincinatti? KY does lose sometimes too don't they?

Looking forward to some great basketball this year!!!!!

Golfer in Sanibel 06-10-2012 05:56 AM

:cool::cool:

I'm a Buckeye fan from Akron area. I was born and raised inKent. There is a good size Buckeye Club here at TV. You will want to join us for the game day meetings an for the CollegeTeam celebration in Sept. I went to Jacksonville and watched the Fiesta Bowl game in January. Fun except for the score. Search TV clubs for info. And welcome to Woody Hayes Stadium South.

http://virginiatrace.com/links/ClubsListing.pdf. See pg. 41.

Also, put Ohio State Buckeyes in the search field above.

graciegirl 06-10-2012 06:09 AM

Born in Columbus, lived 40 years in Cincinnati...Three of us at this address. Welcome to your new home.

Always welcome at our place. Tell us ahead and I will make Cincinnati chili..unless you like Columbus Johnny Marzetti.

You will LOVE it here.

Pennsylvania is nice too.

skyc6 06-10-2012 07:11 AM

My husband and I are originally from Cincinnati also! We have not lived there since we married, but were there last weekend for a wedding. So many changes and a wonderful city to visit! Got to NCH Bakery, Frisch's Big Boy, saw Sawyer point, and of course I always have Goetta in the fridge! Welcome!

skyc6 06-10-2012 07:12 AM

Hey Gracie! How ya doin"?

BarryRX 06-10-2012 07:17 AM

Welcome! I am from Toledo and am a Michigan fan. But it's ok that you're an OSU fan....I'll just speak s-l-o-w-e-r. Only kidding.....lots of Buckeye fans around so you shouldn't have any trouble finding kindred spirits. Go Blue!!!
Barry

blueash 06-10-2012 07:30 AM

Obviously a Michigan Fan

Quote:

Originally Posted by BarryRX (Post 504013)
Welcome! I am from Toledo and am a Michigan fan. But it's ok that you're an OSU fan....I'll just speak s-l-o-w-e-r. Only kidding.....lots of Buckeye fans around so you shouldn't have any trouble finding kindred spirits. Go Blue!!!
Barry

If you were (subjunctive tense, condition contrary to fact) a Buckeye fan then you would have known to speak more s-l-o-w-l-y. At OSU they use adverbs (slowly) to modify verbs (speak) not an adjective (slow). Or maybe I'm being too pedantic...

Go ahead, speak slower. I don't know what got into me. Go Mud Hens!

Ohiogirl 06-10-2012 07:32 AM

Welcome

Welcome to another Buckeye and Reds fan (well, okay, Ohioboy is an Indians fanatic), from another Sabal Chase villa resident. You will recognize us from all the Buckeye regalia on our golf carts and at least half of Ohioboy's wardrobe. Even our house sign in front of our villa screams Ohio State. See you at The Pub sometime for a game, if not before. And Go Bucks!

StuMas 06-11-2012 08:04 AM

Thanks for the replies

Thanks for all the replies and welcomes.

I'd like to know the best place in TV to go to catch out-of-town games, non-network broadcasts, etc. - especially Direct TV satellite spots for NFL games and such. Thanks.

LABSX2 06-11-2012 08:17 AM

O-H.....

Ohiogirl 06-11-2012 09:56 AM

DirecTV

You can choose DirecTV for yourself, but even though we got the Sports package, FoxSports OH blocks out the Reds games after the first teaser week of the season. You have to buy the MLB package (expensive) to get these, although you will be able to see them when they are the game of the week sometimes or when they play a Florida team on Sunsports.

You will get everything on the Big Ten network. I think Comcast also has the Big Ten Network, not sure about Prism (Centurylink).

The Pub Grille (attached to the bowling alley - Fiesta Bowl? - near Staples on Rt 441) is the home for the TriCounty OSU Alumni Club, and the Browns Backers. Don't know if there is a Bengals Backers club here.

Beef O'Brady's (probably all locations) has DirecTV, but sometimes you have to tell them the channel numbers as some are clueless, so look it up online before you go (I think it is 661). Not sure if McCall's Tavern in Spanish Springs has DirecTV, but probably. Sometimes we will go for a late dinner (for us) to Beef O'Brady's if we want to see a game - the one in Colony Plaza is closest to us by golf cart.

John_W 06-11-2012 11:01 AM

I heard that McCall's at SS is a Buffalo Bills hangout. The Beef O'Brady in Wildwood is a Steelers hangout. The Beef O'Brady at Mulberry is a Ravens hangout, in fact they even sell crab cakes during the games. Also Hacienda Hills CC is a Ravens hangout, I haven't been but I hear they get about 75 Ravens fans there. I've got Directv and with NFL Sunday Ticket I didn't miss a game, this year they are dropping the price to $199.

You'll find a lot Eagles and Steelers fans, Browns I've seen one and Bengals you'll be the first I've seen, so welcome. OSU you'll find plenty of them, I'm a FSU fan and they even have us outnumbered.

StuMas 06-11-2012 11:17 AM

-I-O

Quote:

Originally Posted by labsx2 (Post 504503)
o-h.....

-i-o !