Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Restaurant Discussions (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/restaurant-discussions-90/)
-   -   Beef O'Brady's (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/restaurant-discussions-90/beef-obradys-195455/)

It's a giraffe 05-26-2016 01:08 PM

Beef O'Brady's

*I am new to this site and registered so I am able to get the word out about my recent experience at the Beef O'Brady's in the Colony Plaza*
>A little history< I have had bariatric surgery and with that surgery it makes me physically unable to eat a "normal" portion of food. I have a medically needed accommodation card that states this and to allow patron to order off of the child's menu........
I went to Beef O'Brady's for lunch today and attempted to order a kids portion. The server took my order but shortly came back and said the owner (Randy Holaway) would not allow it. I inquired as to why and she said "He says he sees these all the time and he doesn't care what they say". I was completely shocked! He doesn't care? Give a professional explanation, do not simply say "I don't care". I requested to speak with him and the server came back and said "He said he doesn't want to engage with you, but you are welcome to not return". I can not believe the lack of respect Randy Holaway has for his customers! How can someone run a business with such a mean, hurtful attitude? I have had poor customer service in the past; I have NEVER been treated so badly that I would not return. I will not return to this Beef O'Bradys! I hope all who read this understand how terrible this treatment was and choose to dine elsewhere.

graciegirl 05-26-2016 01:24 PM

Oic.

Bonny 05-26-2016 01:35 PM

Take the rest home and eat it later. Where did you get a card that says this?

rubicon 05-26-2016 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by graciegirl (Post 1231859)
OIC. What's a giraffe?

Nice duck. I know what's a duck?:D

giraffe: Based on your description and its optic accuracy from both sides of this disagreement this owner/manager appears to lack professionalism, wisdom and courtesy

bagboy 05-26-2016 01:44 PM

Http://www.beefobradys.Com You can contact corporate through this website.

blyarbrough 05-26-2016 03:24 PM

I'd be more worried about the hair in my food that the portions size. We sat at the bar once and could not help but watched the kitchen staff prepare the food......the 3 guy's wore not hair nets, lost of fooling around with each other, tossing food and plates, etc. I had a couple of long black hair in my food......I spoke with the manager and did received a new dish which was nice but when I ask " is it not a requirement for kitchen worker to wear a hair net and wear gloves when directing touching the food in the kitchen".....manager said "I'm not sure".........we have never been back. I have recommended to the county health department to give them a NO Notice inspection......not sure if they did or not but one should be very careful where you eat.

Record10ti 05-26-2016 03:28 PM

I think I need to go there with my Service Dog and see what they have to say....

duhbear 05-26-2016 03:50 PM

Add to all of the is the fact that their quality of food has nore ups and downs than an Alpine highway. Last straw was the terrible food my wife and I had at Mulberry.

Too many good restaurants with good swrvice to think about going to a BOBs again.

Bogie Shooter 05-26-2016 03:51 PM

Must just be the one at Colony.
The ones in Wildwood, Southern Trace and Mulberry are all great places to have a meal.

Bogie Shooter 05-26-2016 03:52 PM

I always wonder about posters who say, never again, last time, etc.................do they ever sneak back again?

NotGolfer 05-26-2016 03:56 PM

A family member had the same surgery...they just ask for a box and take the rest home. That way one doesn't have to cook at home next time. Easy-peasy!!!!

Taltarzac725 05-26-2016 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by It's a giraffe (Post 1231850)
*I am new to this site and registered so I am able to get the word out about my recent experience at the Beef O'Brady's in the Colony Plaza*
>A little history< I have had bariatric surgery and with that surgery it makes me physically unable to eat a "normal" portion of food. I have a medically needed accommodation card that states this and to allow patron to order off of the child's menu........
I went to Beef O'Brady's for lunch today and attempted to order a kids portion. The server took my order but shortly came back and said the owner (Randy Holaway) would not allow it. I inquired as to why and she said "He says he sees these all the time and he doesn't care what they say". I was completely shocked! He doesn't care? Give a professional explanation, do not simply say "I don't care". I requested to speak with him and the server came back and said "He said he doesn't want to engage with you, but you are welcome to not return". I can not believe the lack of respect Randy Holaway has for his customers! How can someone run a business with such a mean, hurtful attitude? I have had poor customer service in the past; I have NEVER been treated so badly that I would not return. I will not return to this Beef O'Bradys! I hope all who read this understand how terrible this treatment was and choose to dine elsewhere.

What's the business reason for this?? My Mom sometimes just orders a Starter for her meal at various Villages' area restaurants?

It's a giraffe 05-26-2016 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bonny (Post 1231864)
Take the rest home and eat it later. Where did you get a card that says this?

I understand your thought process here but the point is the owner not accepting a medically necessary dietary request. That is just poor customer service, period.

Topspinmo 05-26-2016 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blyarbrough (Post 1231920)
I'd be more worried about the hair in my food that the portions size. We sat at the bar once and could not help but watched the kitchen staff prepare the food......the 3 guy's wore not hair nets, lost of fooling around with each other, tossing food and plates, etc. I had a couple of long black hair in my food......I spoke with the manager and did received a new dish which was nice but when I ask " is it not a requirement for kitchen worker to wear a hair net and wear gloves when directing touching the food in the kitchen".....manager said "I'm not sure".........we have never been back. I have recommended to the county health department to give them a NO Notice inspection......not sure if they did or not but one should be very careful where you eat.

"no one knows what goes on behind closed doors! " Who sung that song? I am in the opinion I don't want to know cause I would probably never eat out

Answer CR

Topspinmo 05-26-2016 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taltarzac725 (Post 1231945)
What's the business reason for this?? My Mom sometimes just orders a Starter for her meal at various Villages' area restaurants?

This should have nothing to do with starter meals IMO

I'll give and opinion on kids meals? They want adults to eat adults meals so they can charge full price. Kids meals are for kids as courtesy for parents that occasionally like to eat out with couple kids and can afford it. I'm guessing if you carry out meals there no way knowing if it's actually for kids. IMO restaurant's loose thousands of dollars year selling kids means to adults. In some cases it could make or break the business.

In this case the manager should of done the right thing IMO and honor the request.