Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Contractors and Services (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/contractors-services-91/)
-   -   Enclosed Lanai (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/contractors-services-91/enclosed-lanai-245023/)

lorilorilori 08-07-2017 06:39 PM

Enclosed Lanai

Would like to enclose the lanai with all glass or maybe short wall + glass. Decisions - can't decide. Need help. Also don't know which builder/company to call that is reliable and will show up and do a good job.

Thank you in advance for sharing info.

jnieman 08-07-2017 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lorilorilori (Post 1433496)
Would like to enclose the lanai with all glass or maybe short wall + glass. Decisions - can't decide. Need help. Also don't know which builder/company to call that is reliable and will show up and do a good job.

Thank you in advance for sharing info.

Brian Terry Vinyl did ours and did a wonderful job. Not sure if they are still doing lanais. We have short wall with glass on the top. The room is very much a part of our house and not just an enclosed porch. The best price is not always the best work.

Timj088 08-07-2017 08:31 PM

Pearce Construction 804-1746

villagetinker 08-07-2017 09:55 PM

Of course you will be getting ACR approval, and make sure your contractor gets are of the necessary permits. T&D did two of the neighbors, from what I see they are the 'best', however, you will find a long lead time, and typically higher cost.

Epic Home Pros 08-08-2017 04:45 AM

Check us out on TOTV !!
We do great lanai conversions, and would be more than happy to come out and go over your options.
Call 352 636 8543

theorem painter 08-08-2017 06:43 AM

Demetri Homes & Remodeling just finished enclosing our lanai with glass. He does not do acrylic. Give Jim Arvanitis a call at 352-427-2787. You will not be thrilled with the quality of their work.

gomsiepop 08-08-2017 07:55 AM

I had Brian Terry Vinyl for two projects. The first was a screen room (under roof) in our courtyard villa and in our designer he enclosed our lanai with glass and a/c/heat. Never had a smoother project. They were stress-free transactions. We had a problem a year after the screen room was constructed. I called them and they immediately responded and the situation was corrected. I don't deal well with stress and with Brian Terry Vinyl I was stress free. I would hire them again in a minute.

raynan 08-08-2017 01:35 PM

We used Custom Windows in Leesburg, showroom left off of 441 south of 466A. We put in full lenght sliders that stack 5 years ago. When opened we have 66% of a completely opened lanai. When closed, keeps rain out and keeps lanai clean. When they come out to measure they will not remove screens so lanai is still useable until they come back with the glass (@6 wks later). Have recommended them to several neighbors and all are very pleased with theirs as well. We really liked that they had a showroom with different set ups.

Bonnevie 08-08-2017 02:22 PM

Harbortown Homes did mine and several others in my neighborhood. gives you a start date and a realistic finish date. once they start they work everyday. family owned. 352-259-3379 they can also discuss what would work best for your lanai.

Bosoxfan 08-08-2017 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by raynan (Post 1433773)
We used Custom Windows in Leesburg, showroom left off of 441 south of 466A. We put in full lenght sliders that stack 5 years ago. When opened we have 66% of a completely opened lanai. When closed, keeps rain out and keeps lanai clean. When they come out to measure they will not remove screens so lanai is still useable until they come back with the glass (@6 wks later). Have recommended them to several neighbors and all are very pleased with theirs as well. We really liked that they had a showroom with different set ups.

We concur

billethkid 08-08-2017 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by raynan (Post 1433773)

Another vote for Custom Windows. They were very helpful coming up with design options to enclose our lanai. We have over 10 ceilings hence went with a small fixed glass pane around the top of the room then utilized four panel, single pane glass sliders for all openings.

Excellent service and follow up.
Quality of workmanship is excellent. Quality of materials outstanding.
100% rain proof.

sunny70 08-10-2017 07:01 PM

We just finished a Lanai remodel. We put in picture windows along one wall and a wall of slider windows on another. Turned out great. D & D Construction did the Work. We were very pleased and have had a lot of compliments on how great the Windows look. We turned our
Lanai into a Sunroom that we can use all year around.

rockyisle 08-11-2017 05:47 AM

After getting three quotes, we chose T&D to expand and then enclose our lanai. We even managed to expand our bedroom to create a sewing room. I would highly recommend them. Reliable and reasonable. Total time from design to completion 45 days. They did the work in late spring rather than during "season". Their crews worked 7 days a week (their choice). The lanai is now the favorite room of the house.

Vectra 08-15-2017 07:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rockyisle (Post 1434735)
After getting three quotes, we chose T&D to expand and then enclose our lanai. We even managed to expand our bedroom to create a sewing room. I would highly recommend them. Reliable and reasonable. Total time from design to completion 45 days. They did the work in late spring rather than during "season". Their crews worked 7 days a week (their choice). The lanai is now the favorite room of the house.

Any pictures ?
I have them booked to quote for extending our lanai and am interested in their finish and ideas of what we can do.

jnieman 08-15-2017 07:59 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here's a photo of ours 12 x 20 with a knee wall, tile floor.