Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Executive Courses - The Villages Golf Course Conditions (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/executive-courses-villages-golf-course-conditions-472/)
-   -   Okeechobee (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/executive-courses-villages-golf-course-conditions-472/okeechobee-348857/)

Pmgokey 03-27-2024 07:59 AM

Okeechobee

Played Okeechobee on Sunday. Greens in poor shape. Only nine years old. What is the excuse for the greens on this course TV? Got a new one?

Bay Kid 03-28-2024 08:24 AM

They were pretty bad.

Stu from NYC 03-28-2024 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pmgokey (Post 2316038)
Played Okeechobee on Sunday. Greens in poor shape. Only nine years old. What is the excuse for the greens on this course TV? Got a new one?

If you believe the Sun the blame is on el nino. If you believe that do have a very nice bridge for sale

justjim 03-28-2024 03:00 PM

It would help if the golfers would repair their ball marks.

UpNorth 03-28-2024 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by justjim (Post 2316450)

Maybe just fill them with more sand.

HIgolfers 03-28-2024 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by justjim (Post 2316450)

Oh please. The condition of Okeechobee greens have nothing to do with ball marks. Have you played it recently? In the last month I’ve played Mangrove, Okeechobee, Volusia, and
Truman. All of them have horrible greens, essentially unplayable. Can someone tell me an executive course between 466 and 44 that has decent greens?

AlanC 03-29-2024 07:05 AM

They are bad because greens were poorly constructed at the start. Combination of poor soil prep, low quality turf. Like most of TV construction, cheap materials thrown together as quickly as possible. This coupled with poor maintenance and lack of professional care accelerates the useful life of the greens. Just like anything else, if you buy cheap and don't take proper care, it falls apart quickly. I wonder what their long term plan was to replace greens as they age? Folks, be prepared to pay up soon.

villager7591 03-29-2024 07:11 PM

OK, we know Escambia and Okeechobee greens and tee boxes are REALLY struggling. Wanted to play this afternoon and could only get Okeechobee. Family of 4 in front of us NEVER, not once, sanded their divots on the tee boxes. I did not see any of them fix any green divots (play was slow so we watched them play 7 complete holes). I know these knuckleheads in front of us are not the ONLY cause of the conditions of the executives. I ran out of sand on #3 because I was sanding tee divots. I had to reload sand bottle twice from sand traps.
Villagers: Please start taking some responsibility for the course conditions ! I need to go to the chiropractor after all the green divots I fixed.