Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Golf in The Villages (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/golf-villages-216/)
-   -   Bring Your 7 Iron to the Waterfront Inn (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/golf-villages-216/bring-your-7-iron-waterfront-inn-349458/)

maggie1 04-21-2024 09:49 AM

Bring Your 7 Iron to the Waterfront Inn

An ad appears frequently in The Sun headlining "The Supreme Golf Swing" guaranteed to slash your golf score in 90 minutes. The instructions are held at the Waterfront Inn at LSL, and all interested parties should bring their 7-iron.

I signed up for the class, paid my $19 registration, took my 7-iron with me, and went to learn how I was going to slash my scores on the golf course. While the instructor was very humorous in his presentation, I'm afraid I didn't learn much except for some relaxation techniques. My bringing the 7-iron was simply a waste of energy because we didn't use it at any point in the presentation.

After the 90 minutes, the instructor said that we would all receive hands-on instructions if we signed up for his $78 three-hour program later that month. I'd say between 85-90% of the attendees couldn't line up fast to take advantage of that offer, while a handful, including myself, left for home.

Now, I'm wondering if I shortened my chances of learning the "Supreme Golf Swing" by not signing up for the three-hour advanced instructions, andI'd like some feedback from the people who attended it, and if they found it beneficial. I can always sign up next year.

alwann 04-21-2024 12:49 PM

I've seen this criticism before and wondered why nobody ever asked why they were told to bring a 7-iron. No Q&A?

Velvet 04-21-2024 01:24 PM

Sounds like false advertising to me… but with a 90% line up for the $78 lesson, why not?

Topspinmo 04-21-2024 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alwann (Post 2323775)
I've seen this criticism before and wondered why nobody ever asked why they were told to bring a 7-iron. No Q&A?

Cause everyone afraid of 9 iron…. ;). Just ask tiger 🐯……

wisbad1 04-21-2024 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maggie1 (Post 2323703)
An ad appears frequently in The Sun headlining "The Supreme Golf Swing" guaranteed to slash your golf score in 90 minutes. The instructions are held at the Waterfront Inn at LSL, and all interested parties should bring their 7-iron.

I signed up for the class, paid my $19 registration, took my 7-iron with me, and went to learn how I was going to slash my scores on the golf course. While the instructor was very humorous in his presentation, I'm afraid I didn't learn much except for some relaxation techniques. My bringing the 7-iron was simply a waste of energy because we didn't use it at any point in the presentation.

After the 90 minutes, the instructor said that we would all receive hands-on instructions if we signed up for his $78 three-hour program later that month. I'd say between 85-90% of the attendees couldn't line up fast to take advantage of that offer, while a handful, including myself, left for home.

Now, I'm wondering if I shortened my chances of learning the "Supreme Golf Swing" by not signing up for the three-hour advanced instructions, andI'd like some feedback from the people who attended it, and if they found it beneficial. I can always sign up next year.

Sucker born every day!

Bay Kid 04-22-2024 08:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Topspinmo (Post 2323865)
Cause everyone afraid of 9 iron…. ;). Just ask tiger ������……

Now that is a hoot!!!