Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Golf in The Villages (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/golf-villages-216/)
-   -   A good news thread. (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/golf-villages-216/good-news-thread-307592/)

tophcfa 06-10-2020 10:13 PM

A good news thread.

It looks like the Silver Lake Executive golf course will be renovated instead of being turned into a glorified miniature golf course for twice the cost of the renovation of the existing course. Great decision, YAAAAAA. :a040:

Two Bills 06-11-2020 04:04 AM

There have been several good news threads slipping through the net lately, and I have complained repeatedly to the Moderators about this trend.
This is a general information, and bitching board, and should not be corrupted with all this mamby pamby, isn't life good stuff.
However on this occasion I will not press the Mods. to remove the post.
This is very good news and for once, common sense has prevailed.
In regards to the improvement, as a personal plea, I hope they do not get the idea to put in bunkers around the greens.
Even back in the day when I had a reasonable game, sand was always my nemesis. Hate the stuff!

Dr Winston O Boogie jr 06-11-2020 06:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tophcfa (Post 1781720)
It looks like the Silver Lake Executive golf course will be renovated instead of being turned into a glorified miniature golf course for twice the cost of the renovation of the existing course. Great decision, YAAAAAA. :a040:

Do you have any details you can share? From what I've seen, The Villages idea of restoration amounts to scrapping off the top layer of sod and replacing it with sod that dies a year later because the underlying issues were not addressed.

That course really needs to be redesigned and built from scratch.

Bogie Shooter 06-11-2020 06:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Two Bills (Post 1781724)
There have been several good news threads slipping through the net lately, and I have complained repeatedly to the Moderators about this trend.
This is a general information, and bitching board, and should not be corrupted with all this mamby pamby, isn't life good stuff.
However on this occasion I will not press the Mods. to remove the post.
This is very good news and for once, common sense has prevailed.
In regards to the improvement, as a personal plea, I hope they do not get the idea to put in bunkers around the greens.
Even back in the day when I had a reasonable game, sand was always my nemesis. Hate the stuff!

Is this with tongue in cheek? If not where did you come up with this description?

Bay Kid 06-11-2020 07:51 AM

Great news!

Two Bills 06-11-2020 08:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter (Post 1781820)
Is this with tongue in cheek? If not where did you come up with this description?

Both cheeks!:icon_wink: