Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Restaurant Discussions (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/restaurant-discussions-90/)
-   -   High Five Frozen Yogurt now open (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/restaurant-discussions-90/high-five-frozen-yogurt-now-open-31796/)

starflyte1 09-11-2010 08:47 AM

High Five Frozen Yogurt now open

There was an article in the paper the other day about High Five Frozen Yogurt opening a yogurt place in TV. It is located in front of WalMart in Buffalo Ridge Shopping Center.

We went yesterday. You serve yourself from the choice of type and flavor of frozen yogurt to the many toppings. They weigh it and you pay by the ounce.
For two dishes with toppings it was around $8. If you like frozen yogurt you will like this place.

chelsea24 09-11-2010 10:25 AM

Great!

Quote:

Originally Posted by starflyte1 (Post 291209)
There was an article in the paper the other day about High Five Frozen Yogurt opening a yogurt place in TV. It is located in front of WalMart in Buffalo Ridge Shopping Center.

We went yesterday. You serve yourself from the choice of type and flavor of frozen yogurt to the many toppings. They weigh it and you pay by the ounce.
For two dishes with toppings it was around $8. If you like frozen yogurt you will like this place.

Cool! I will certainly try it. Brewser's was my fav and I'm so sorry they are closed. :(

chacam 09-11-2010 10:51 AM

I'll bet it won't be there in a year, so enjoy it now.

starflyte1 09-11-2010 11:48 AM

I would think this one might make it. It has an excellent location and you have control of everything.

There is an ice cream place that I go to occasionally. Get a tiny scoop of ice cream, a dab of hot fudge and a cup full of whipped cream for a sum of money.
At High Five, you get what you want in proportions that you like.

Barefoot 09-11-2010 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by starflyte1 (Post 291209)

Did High Five replace Just Delights?

starflyte1 09-11-2010 12:38 PM

I don't know about Just Delights and am not sure what was there before.

Skip2MySue 09-11-2010 01:40 PM

She must be very busy today

Quite obviously Pturner isn't on line yet today:jester:
Skip 2

Pturner 09-11-2010 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skip2MySue (Post 291305)
Quite obviously Pturner isn't on line yet today:jester:
Skip 2

:beer3:

KathieI 09-11-2010 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by starflyte1 (Post 291288)

Yes, and unfortunately NOTHING in that building has survived other than the manicure place. Its a ghost town. Not sure about the "excellent" location!!? Wish them luck, however.

spk7951 09-11-2010 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by starflyte1 (Post 291288)

I believe Barnie's coffee was the last occupant of that space.

chelsea24 09-11-2010 08:44 PM

Very Good!

We just got back from High Five and it was WON-DER-FUL! The place was packed, all the way out the door. Probably smarter to go by golf cart and sit in it to eat outside.

I can't say it takes the place of Brewster's for me, but all flavors are non-fat yogurt, which DO NOT taste non-fat. And there are a ton of toppings and syrups to choose from. We'll definitely be going back there again and again.
Yummmmmmmmmm! :clap2:

rhsgypsylady 09-13-2010 09:50 AM

:thumbup: Have any of you tried Ollies Frozen Custard. Not sure of their addy but they've been in TV for 10 years. They also serve not fat yogart. They make their yogart FRESH everyday. In fact, everyday they feature a different flavor of the day. Because they are locally owned and not a franchise, they are able to make up different flavors. Everytime I'm in TV that is where I go. I bet if you asked the owner, he might make a flavor at your request. Of course, you'd have to tell him what you want. One time he made a chocolate peanut butter pretzel flavor that flew out the door. Give them a try and post your comments here. Mmmmmmmmm, wish I was there; I'd get me one now. :)
:BigApplause:

villages07 09-13-2010 01:35 PM

We went yesterday about 4pm... Not too busy. Cost is 45c per ounce. Lots of flavor choices... Yogurt was decent. Tasty but not the creamy texture I prefer. The choose and make your own features will be what makes this business successful. Lots of good toppings and mix INS. Our modest creations were 5.50 total for our two cups.

We will return.

Taltarzac 10-17-2010 12:29 PM

A fun experience with putting together your own yogurt cup from a wide variety of different flavors from the fountains as well as several dozen kinds of toppings.

We went around 4 p.m. after a 2.15 mile walk along the Springdale Fitness Trail. There was a rather steady stream of a small number of kids with grandparents in tow from the Villages' various schools.

Prices were reasonable with 5 cups of yogurt for under $20.00 or so.

This is their third store in Central FL. http://www.highfivefrozenyogurt.com/home.html

kb8tpw 10-17-2010 01:00 PM

I personally think that Ollies, near Publix and the hospital (Next to Blockbuster) has the absolute best I have ever tasted and they have a sugar free choice each and every day. We make the trek from near 466a there several times a week if we are not in the vicinity of the hospital..