Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   All About pets (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/all-about-pets-120/)
-   -   10 Toughest Dogs in the World. (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/all-about-pets-120/10-toughest-dogs-world-348064/)

Taltarzac725 02-26-2024 03:14 PM

10 Toughest Dogs in the World.

Just a moment...

I knew that my pooch's breed would make the list as he thinks he is a Great Dane. He is only about half that tough breed. I do not mean the Great Dane.

jebartle 02-26-2024 06:22 PM

I know Galaxy is number 1, Right??

1 Attachment(s)
Tough dog!

Topspinmo 03-04-2024 09:33 AM

Pit bull in mind.

Altavia 03-04-2024 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Topspinmo (Post 2307504)
Pit bull in mind.

Our mini mixed breed furball identifies as a Pit Bull also :-)

Seems strange Pit Bull's didn't make the list?

Velvet 03-04-2024 11:51 AM

No, but chihuahuas did… lol… I couldn’t stop laughing. Well, we do have individual definitions of “tough”.

PugMom 03-04-2024 12:08 PM

you can't really judge by the breed ALL the time. my dobe used to let the cat push him around :undecided:

fdpaq0580 03-04-2024 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Velvet (Post 2307574)
No, but chihuahuas did… lol… I couldn’t stop laughing. Well, we do have individual definitions of “tough”.

Pound for pound? Can they take what they dish out? Little dogs live in a world of giants. They have to be tough in order to survive. That is why, in general, I preferred to own big, hairy, walking pillows, like St Bernard's. Sweet and gentle, if you took his food away while he was eating, he would let you take it with no fuss at all. Little dogs, from my limited experience, seem far more "protective" of their food.
Just my humble opinion. Your experience may vary.

PugMom 03-04-2024 12:41 PM

little dogs can vicious in packs. i'd not want to be in the middle of an attack :pray:

Dusty_Star 03-04-2024 12:41 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Very tough

fdpaq0580 03-04-2024 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dusty_Star (Post 2307603)
Very tough

Obviously, babababad to the bone! 😉

Velvet 03-04-2024 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fdpaq0580 (Post 2307600)
Pound for pound? Can they take what they dish out? Little dogs live in a world of giants. They have to be tough in order to survive. That is why, in general, I preferred to own big, hairy, walking pillows, like St Bernard's. Sweet and gentle, if you took his food away while he was eating, he would let you take it with no fuss at all. Little dogs, from my limited experience, seem far more "protective" of their food.

Yes when my MIL passed she left 2 of her Yorkies to her best friend. This lady has a hobby farm with a Bouvier. The little Yorkies immediately got the Bouvier to leave the house. He now camps outside in the barn. Nobody tells a tea cup Yorkie that he is small.

Topspinmo 03-04-2024 05:43 PM

Quote:

Especially it they was runt of pack..:duck:

AMB444 03-05-2024 02:35 PM

Quote:

Little dogs live in a world of giants. They have to be tough in order to survive.

Our 15lb mini poodle chases the neighbors huge "golden doodle" out of our yard when it comes over to snoop around.

He doesn't understand he's a dog. Waiting for the humans to finish their dinner before he gets a few scraps is soooooo beneath him. :sigh:

Two Bills 03-05-2024 05:09 PM

Some years ago, a then neighbor had a Japanese Akita.
He was a lovely dog, well-mannered, never a problem, but only interested in his own pack, Never wagged his tail or showed the slightest interest whenever I/we met him.
The owner told me he was quite playful with the kids and family.
Not a breed for me though, had that "F - off" look that made you feel a bit uncomfortable.
Definitely not a dog for the dog park either!

AMB444 03-05-2024 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Two Bills (Post 2308054)
Some years ago, a then neighbor had a Japanese Akita.
He was a lovely dog, well-mannered, never a problem, but only interested in his own pack, Never wagged his tail or showed the slightest interest whenever I/we met him.

This breed sounds similar to the Basenji.

I'm surprised the Basenji didn't make the list.