Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Do It Yourself (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/do-yourself-210/)
-   -   Golf cart undercarriage lighting (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/do-yourself-210/golf-cart-undercarriage-lighting-349143/)

villagetinker 04-08-2024 07:59 AM

Golf cart undercarriage lighting

I just finished installing a 4 tube LED undercarriage lighting system on a 2023(?) Yamaha golf cart. This was a multi-hour project due to the newer carts having the undercarriage plastic panels. While earlier versions of these golf cart had convenient places to install the LEDs, the newer versions do not in my humble opinion. If the LEDs are installed on the plastic panels these will interfere with future maintenance. I ended up drilling holes in the floor webbing and hanging the LED tubes from tywraps. This worked reasonably well for the tubers along the sides, the front and back were another story as it is necessary to avoid the suspension parts.

So, my advice, look under your cart before ordering the parts, and if you still decide to do this expect a significant charge for the installation.

dewilson58 04-08-2024 08:02 AM

Sounds like you enjoyed the challenge.

:BigApplause:

Shipping up to Boston 04-08-2024 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by villagetinker (Post 2319714)
I just finished installing a 4 tube LED undercarriage lighting system on a 2023(?) Yamaha golf cart. This was a multi-hour project due to the newer carts having the undercarriage plastic panels. While earlier versions of these golf cart had convenient places to install the LEDs, the newer versions do not in my humble opinion. If the LEDs are installed on the plastic panels these will interfere with future maintenance. I ended up drilling holes in the floor webbing and hanging the LED tubes from tywraps. This worked reasonably well for the tubers along the sides, the front and back were another story as it is necessary to avoid the suspension parts.

So, my advice, look under your cart before ordering the parts, and if you still decide to do this expect a significant charge for the installation.

Love it! Any chance you could post a pic, at night maybe, of finished product?

villagetinker 04-08-2024 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shipping up to Boston (Post 2319744)
Love it! Any chance you could post a pic, at night maybe, of finished product?

This was done for a neighbor, many of the online site have videos of their products, this one probably had several dozen lighting effects. Also, I was done before the sun went down, so no pictures.

Shipping up to Boston 04-08-2024 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by villagetinker (Post 2319831)
This was done for a neighbor, many of the online site have videos of their products, this one probably had several dozen lighting effects. Also, I was done before the sun went down, so no pictures.

Understood. I'll check out the site. Thank You

DARFAP 04-08-2024 06:41 PM

And don't do blue undercarriage lights: that's for law enforcement only.