Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Restaurant Discussions (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/restaurant-discussions-90/)
-   -   Nancy Lopez restaurant (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/restaurant-discussions-90/nancy-lopez-restaurant-323973/)

rmd2 09-12-2021 08:47 AM

Nancy Lopez restaurant

We went to the Lopez restaurant for the 4th time this year and the food was as great as it was the past 3 times. We went 3 times for dinner and the 4th time was for lunch. A few months ago at dinner I had the beef filet which was the best beef I have had in years! Very tender and delicious. This past visit was for lunch and out of their very extensive menu I selected pecan crusted salmon with a slight maple glaze. It came with rice and green beans and carrots. Everything was perfectly cooked and wonderfully flavored. I am not a fan of many of the country club restaurants but Lopez really stands out as my favorite.

charlieo1126@gmail.com 09-12-2021 08:54 AM

I eat dinner there 4 or 5 times a month everything is great there from service to food to decor

jdulej 09-12-2021 08:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rmd2 (Post 2002692)
We went to the Lopez restaurant for the 4th time this year and the food was as great as it was the past 3 times. We went 3 times for dinner and the 4th time was for lunch. A few months ago at dinner I had the beef filet which was the best beef I have had in years! Very tender and delicious. This past visit was for lunch and out of their very extensive menu I selected pecan crusted salmon with a slight maple glaze. It came with rice and green beans and carrots. Everything was perfectly cooked and wonderfully flavored. I am not a fan of many of the country club restaurants but Lopez really stands out as my favorite.

I agree. We had a great dinner there last night with friends. My wife is one of those with the unfortunate birthdate of 9/11, so we kept it low-key. Only downside was when we got back to our car, there was a love bug sitting on the hood daring me to try to squish it!

LateBoomer 09-12-2021 09:07 AM

was there friday night. I agree, it's a cut above.

tophcfa 09-12-2021 09:08 AM

Do they take reservations?

charlieo1126@gmail.com 09-12-2021 09:11 AM

Yes

Kelevision 09-12-2021 10:15 AM

It’s so much nicer than any of the other country clubs here.

Skip 09-12-2021 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kelevision (Post 2002776)
It’s so much nicer than any of the other country clubs here.

For years, since it was built, Legacy Restaurant (NOT Nancy Lopez Restaurant) was the most popular and high class place to each in The Villages. It was run by John McDonough, who seems to have disappeared before he opened his second location in Ocala. Strange.

Skip

walterray1 09-12-2021 08:00 PM

Nice posts about the restaurant but

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skip (Post 2002997)
For years, since it was built, Legacy Restaurant (NOT Nancy Lopez Restaurant) was the most popular and high class place to each in The Villages. It was run by John McDonough, who seems to have disappeared before he opened his second location in Ocala. Strange.

Skip

not quite sure what point you are making. Strange is your post.

randykw 09-13-2021 05:52 AM

Lopez is the BEST!

banjobob 09-13-2021 05:54 AM

Our fave. of all we have tried.

Girlcopper 09-13-2021 06:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skip (Post 2002997)

Skip

And???……..

Pedrocarrasco01@yahoo.com 09-13-2021 07:43 AM

My favorite restaurant in The Villages

Quote:

By far better than the others, The Suileman family that owns it, has a gem of a Chef and a staff to prove it. The best wait staff too, we were there last night, I had the Chateaubriand which was wonderful, my wife had the almond encrusted haddock with shrimp, on our table of 6 all ordered different meals and all came out piping hot and tremendously tasty. The House Manager Michael is also terrific, they have this one running as it should. The setting is also great. We are VIP’s at both Havana’s and Nancy Lopez and really have a favorite which is The Legacy at Nancy Lopez.

OhioBuckeye 09-13-2021 08:03 AM

Ohiobuckeye

Quote:

I agree, a little pricey but it’s worth it.
We usually only went there on special occasions, but wish we could go there once a week but our income couldn’t afford it. Palmer was the next best!

JMintzer 09-13-2021 08:12 AM

I've never tried Lopez/Legacy, but I plan to...

So far, Palmer has been my favorite of all the club restaurants...