Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   The buildout. (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/buildout-70889/)

angiefox10 02-22-2013 12:16 PM

The buildout.

Do you think this is it... Or do you think they will continue?

Please tell me why you believe the way you do

Bogie Shooter 02-22-2013 12:28 PM

guess you have to define "it", to answer that question.

Bogie Shooter 02-22-2013 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by angiefox10 (Post 630816)
Do you think this is it... Or do you think they will continue?

Please tell me why you believe the way you do

guess you have to define "it", to answer that question.

janmcn 02-22-2013 12:43 PM

My personal opinion is they are wrapping it up based on The Villages Inc not owning any more property, no permits being applied for, and the developer saying from the beginning they would not build south of SR44. Also, they won't build in Lake County.

Perhaps Mark Morse will have some big announcements to make when he conducts his 'State of The Villages' meeting later this spring. He always says listen to him, not to the gossip. Get there early, when the date and time are announced, or you won't get in.

2BNTV 02-22-2013 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by janmcn (Post 630834)
My personal opinion is they are wrapping it up based on The Villages Inc not owning any more property, no permits being applied for, and the developer saying from the beginning they would not build south of SR44. Also, they won't build in Lake County.

Perhaps Mark Morse will have some big announcements to make when he conducts his 'State of The Villages' meeting later this spring. He always says listen to him, not to the gossip. Get there early, when the date and time are announced, or you won't get in.

:agree:

andercat 02-22-2013 01:51 PM

Why won't the developer build in Lake county?

Cantwaittoarrive 02-22-2013 02:26 PM

I think, and I have stated this before, the developer is in business to make money, if I had the printing press the developer has with The Villages, I would do everything I could to keep that printing press running and printing out $$$$. Now does that mean this is it for The Villages in Florida and the next step is The Villages Texas or Arizona or South Florida or .... I guess only the developer knows for sure

JP 02-22-2013 03:07 PM

I think they are going to continue building south of SR44.

CycleChic 02-22-2013 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by andercat (Post 630874)
Why won't the developer build in Lake county?

I thought I read somewhere, long ago, it had something to do with the St. John's Water Management District, which covers Lake County.

swrinfla 02-22-2013 06:29 PM

What a perfect place to initiate unfounded rumors!

My gut tells me that The Developer has realized that The Villages has actually reached its geographical comfort zone.

Also, He has realized that further development may very well be contradictory to his Overall Plan! That is, there must be a physical limit on size, because otherwise folks will say, "It's too big; we can't support such a huge place!"

Please understand my point of view: 'my gut!' There is absolutely no basis in fact to these observations!

SWR
:beer3:

gomoho 02-22-2013 07:08 PM

I think your gut is right on - the difficulty in getting t times and the long lines at restaurants and the traffic in the winter are pretty bad. I know it's only for about 4 months, but it is the 4 best months that people come here for. If things get too tight people will start to look where living might be a little more comfortable.

CatskillBill 02-22-2013 11:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by swrinfla (Post 631018)
What a perfect place to initiate unfounded rumors!

My gut tells me that The Developer has realized that The Villages has actually reached its geographical comfort zone.

Also, He has realized that further development may very well be contradictory to his Overall Plan! That is, there must be a physical limit on size, because otherwise folks will say, "It's too big; we can't support such a huge place!"

Please understand my point of view: 'my gut!' There is absolutely no basis in fact to these observations!

SWR
:beer3:

If the buildout is in the very near future, then why are the Morses sinking $27 million for a new Turnpike exit?

Could there be a "Villages South" in the planning on the southwest side of the turnpike? Sure is alot of open land there between the turnpike and the federal prison.

gmcneill 02-22-2013 11:57 PM

Earlier this month, a high-placed supervisor with one of the major construction-related businesses told me that build-out should be reached within 2.5 years, August 2015. He also stated that another of the major construction-related businesses has begun laying off its workforce in preparation of the impending build-out.

The 2013 State of the Villages presentation should be interesting....