Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   Car door damaged by golf cart. (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/car-door-damaged-golf-cart-309325/)

Donaz1 07-21-2020 10:21 PM

Car door damaged by golf cart.

This morning after playing golf at Amberwood, I drove to Atlantis car wash and got an express wash. While toweling down the car I noticed that my bottom right door/front fender was dented and scraped. Estimates to repair is $1400. Initially, I suspected the car wash. They inspected their operation and paint from another vehicle was noticed in the scrapes. The estimators thought it was from a golf cart. I really cannot be sure where it happened. Never had someone damaged my vehicle and not leave a note. By the way, what body shops do you recommend? I got quotes from Hutson's and Wayne's Paint and body. Both shops were impressive.

bimmertl 07-22-2020 02:32 PM

If you have collision coverage on the car, make a claim through your insurance carrier. Hit and run claims are not considered chargeable accidents and the claim should not affect your premiums.

Only cash outlay for you would be your deductible. Probably $500 tops.

Insurance carrier may have select shops to use that will guarantee the repairs.

That's what you pay premiums for.

Topspinmo 07-22-2020 08:58 PM

That’s why I don’t park close to anyone if possible.

Donaz1 07-23-2020 05:46 AM

I parked by myself at 7:30am. No other cars around. The only exposed side was the driver's side.

davem4616 07-23-2020 08:29 AM

just because someone can afford to live in TV doesn't necessarily mean that they have integrity. most golf cart drivers are stand up people...it's just a very few are just all about themselves

I was 'hemmed' in once by a golf cart whose driver decided they'd squeeze in between my car and another cart in Spanish Springs...when I arrived at our car the cart was so close I wasn't able to open my driver's side door to get in....had to crawl over from the passenger side

I left them a note on their steering wheel to check out the note that I etched on the front of their cart with my key

shut the front door 07-23-2020 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bimmertl (Post 1807281)
If you have collision coverage on the car, make a claim through your insurance carrier. Hit and run claims are not considered chargeable accidents and the claim should not affect your premiums.

Only cash outlay for you would be your deductible. Probably $500 tops.

Insurance carrier may have select shops to use that will guarantee the repairs.

That's what you pay premiums for.

NEVER use the body shop your insurance company wants you to. Go to a shop that will use OEM parts. Otherwise you're going to end up with aftermarket or junkyard parts on your car. It's a racket that has caused lots of lawsuits.
If your car is still under warranty and they don't use OEM parts, many times your warranty will be voided.

JoMar 07-23-2020 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donaz1 (Post 1807021)
This morning after playing golf at Amberwood, I drove to Atlantis car wash and got an express wash. While toweling down the car I noticed that my bottom right door/front fender was dented and scraped. Estimates to repair is $1400. Initially, I suspected the car wash. They inspected their operation and paint from another vehicle was noticed in the scrapes. The estimators thought it was from a golf cart. I really cannot be sure where it happened. Never had someone damaged my vehicle and not leave a note. By the way, what body shops do you recommend? I got quotes from Hutson's and Wayne's Paint and body. Both shops were impressive.

Recommendation for Joe Hudsons....formally Car Guys.