Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   Golf Cart Ticket (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/golf-cart-ticket-73209/)

Miss Vivian 03-21-2013 08:35 PM

Golf Cart Ticket

Has anyone ever fought a ticket received while driving a golf cart? During current "sting" going on, was told I "rolled through" a stop sign. Ticket states I "ran" the stop sign, as if I didn't even bother to slow down or check for traffic. Never a traffic ticket in 45 years now a $166 ticket plus 2 points on license. Also, if a 14 year old can drive a cart without a license, how do 2 points go on a record??

scrapperonce 03-21-2013 08:41 PM

A stop sign is just that ...a stop.....not slowing down or just checking for traffic.....but actually stopping, looking to the right and to the left and then again.....before proceeding....I hope that the "sting" goes on a long time and that there are MANY tickets given to the drivers who ignore the stop part of the stop sign!

Bogie Shooter 03-21-2013 08:42 PM

Guess there is always a first.
What will you fight, you didn't stop, so you pay the fine.

Miss Vivian 03-21-2013 08:50 PM

The fine is not the issue....I realize I failed to stop completely. The license points are what I don't get. Oh, but, if an on-line class is taken (an additional $40-$45), the points will be removed.

jnieman 03-21-2013 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miss Vivian (Post 646403)
The fine is not the issue....I realize I failed to stop completely. The license points are what I don't get. Oh, but, if an on-line class is taken (an additional $40-$45), the points will be removed.

It's worth it to take the class. I made the mistake of paying the ticket before I found out about the class and then it was too late.

njbchbum 03-21-2013 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miss Vivian (Post 646394)
snipped Also, if a 14 year old can drive a cart without a license, how do 2 points go on a record??

don't know what they do in florida - but - in jersey, when an underage driver has committed a motor vehicle offense, there is usually a fine or community service penalty in addition to the deferral of their driver's license eligibility once they are of age to obtain one.

graciegirl 03-22-2013 05:42 AM

Go DANNO!!!

crummybuttons 03-22-2013 05:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by njbchbum (Post 646418)
don't know what they do in florida - but - in jersey, when an underage driver has committed a motor vehicle offense, there is usually a fine or community service penalty in addition to the deferral of their driver's license eligibility once they are of age to obtain one.

I don't think this post is about an underage driver. Perhaps senior drivers should be required to take a drivers test again after they receive a ticket or two. I don't trust any drivers in the Villages, half of them forget they have a blinker on and the other half never look.

l2ridehd 03-22-2013 06:03 AM

You need to careful what you wish for. Yes we all need to be better at driving our golf carts safely and within the speed limit. However this "sting" operation will become a source of revenue. And once started will continue until The Villages is like Starky and Waldo. Once the revenue stream starts and the money is spent there becomes an insatiable desire for more.

graciegirl 03-22-2013 06:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crummybuttons (Post 646476)
I don't think this post is about an underage driver. Perhaps senior drivers should be required to take a drivers test again after they receive a ticket or two. I don't trust any drivers in the Villages, half of them forget they have a blinker on and the other half never look.

Just to be sure my blood pressure doesn't go up for no reason.

CrummyButtons, are YOU a senior driver? I would guess that in an over 55 community, we would ALL be classified as senior drivers. But maybe you are one of those thirty somethings that slip in from time to time?

Bill-n-Brillo 03-22-2013 06:11 AM

Quote:

....... I don't trust any drivers in the Villages, half of them forget they have a blinker on and the other half never look.

So which half are you in? :shocked:

:jester:

Bill :)

Lark7 03-22-2013 06:50 AM

If you do the crime, expect to do the time. :(

kbace6 03-22-2013 06:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bill-n-Brillo (Post 646486)
So which half are you in? :shocked:

:jester:

Bill :)

OUTSTANDING Bill-n-Brillo

:bigbow:

Trayderjoe 03-22-2013 07:27 AM

Quote:

Uh oh......My turn to break out the.......:popcorn:

Mickedamouse24 03-22-2013 07:57 AM

What part of committing a traffic violation do some of you folks not understand??? Drive safely and obey traffic laws and you will never have to make a dumb statement on this forum!!!