Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   Prefer to see my cup half full (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/prefer-see-my-cup-half-full-324531/)

DruannB 09-25-2021 07:49 PM

Prefer to see my cup half full

Well, after seven years of wanting to become a frog, we finally succeeded. Today we signed a contract to buy a home in Dunedin. Now...I know prices are high. We had to compete with who knows how many others. But we got the house we wanted and we couldn't be happier. We could wait for prices to go down, but we're not getting any younger. And our children (thankfully) don't need our money, so we're not saving it for them. We figure we have at least 10 really good years left and we wanted to spend it here. So, don't call us crazy. We prefer to think of ourselves as happy. We close November 3. See you all then. In the meantime, I will try to look up answers to my questions in the archives. And I need to start embroidering some froggy golf towels. Until later, Druann

OrangeBlossomBaby 09-25-2021 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DruannB (Post 2009133)
Well, after seven years of wanting to become a frog, we finally succeeded. Today we signed a contract to buy a home in Dunedin. Now...I know prices are high. We had to compete with who knows how many others. But we got the house we wanted and we couldn't be happier. We could wait for prices to go down, but we're not getting any younger. And our children (thankfully) don't need our money, so we're not saving it for them. We figure we have at least 10 really good years left and we wanted to spend it here. So, don't call us crazy. We prefer to think of ourselves as happy. We close November 3. See you all then. In the meantime, I will try to look up answers to my questions in the archives. And I need to start embroidering some froggy golf towels. Until later, Druann

Welcome to the nuthouse!

Topspinmo 09-25-2021 08:30 PM

Quote:

Nothing wrong with that, as long as you’re happy 😊 ! Remember what J. G. Wentworth says: it’s you money use when you want to. Or something like that?

Garywt 09-25-2021 09:32 PM

Congrats.

rjn5656 09-26-2021 04:25 AM

the villages

Welcome.

OCsun 09-26-2021 05:47 AM

Druann, I have read many of your posts over the years and I am glad you can make your dream come true. I believe you can feel what makes you happy in your gut and it sounds like you have found it. Congratulations! You deserve it!

Bay Kid 09-26-2021 06:43 AM

Never wait when it comes to happiness! Enjoy.

dewilson58 09-26-2021 06:48 AM

Way to jump in. :coolsmiley:

Prices ain't going down.

Your new house is a great investment for your children.

RICH1 09-26-2021 07:11 AM

It's good to hear you are financially stable..many of the Contractors will be very excited to separate you from your cabbage! Sounds like you put a lot of research into this purchase. I personally love living here, cleanliness and manicured landscaping is what sold me. Welcome to the Village..

MrFlorida 09-26-2021 07:33 AM

Most of us frogs are here until we croak.

Dr Winston O Boogie jr 09-26-2021 08:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dewilson58 (Post 2009257)
Way to jump in. :coolsmiley:

Prices ain't going down.

Your new house is a great investment for your children.

This

2BNTV 09-26-2021 11:21 AM

Quote:

I would recommend reading the "Nuts and Bolts" as it contains useful info when moving to TV.

Best wishes as you start living the dream. :smiley:

mcwood4d 09-27-2021 05:28 AM

Congratulations! Dunedin is a wonderful village, it took 5 years for our house to find us back in 2014. We're still snowbirds...hope to see you in the neighborhood.

Rwirish 09-27-2021 05:47 AM

With only 10 good years left try to get everything done.

JimmyO3 09-27-2021 06:12 AM

Welcome