Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   PROFESSIONAL SERVICE DIRECTORY (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/professional-service-directory-224/)
-   -   Looking for Licensed Bartender for a Birthday Party at Recreation Center (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/professional-service-directory-224/looking-licensed-bartender-birthday-party-recreation-center-347995/)

alltime 02-24-2024 08:13 AM

Looking for Licensed Bartender for a Birthday Party at Recreation Center

Planning a birthday party 80 guests (+ or -) Caterer will be serving wine & beer. I would like a walk up bar to serve mixed drinks. Party to be in August.

retiredguy123 02-24-2024 08:26 AM

I know you didn't mention it, but I don't think you can charge money for the drinks.

Marathon Man 02-24-2024 08:35 AM

I know that the caterers have supplied the bartender at parties that I have been involved with. I guess that I am a little surprised that they would be supplying the alcohol and not the server that the rec center requires.

retiredguy123 02-24-2024 08:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marathon Man (Post 2304613)
I know that the caterers have supplied the bartender at parties that I have been involved with. I guess that I am a little surprised that they would be supplying the alcohol and not the server that the rec center requires.

The rec centers require a specific server? I have never seen that happen. Who would that be? At most rec center events, people bring their own alcohol. I attended one event where they put cups of wine on a table and people could serve themselves.

OrangeBlossomBaby 02-24-2024 08:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alltime (Post 2304595)
Planning a birthday party 80 guests (+ or -) Caterer will be serving wine & beer. I would like a walk up bar to serve mixed drinks. Party to be in August.

There's no licensing for bartenders in Florida.

Some places require that you complete a licensing certificate course as a condition of employment, but the license itself isn't a thing in this state.

kkingston57 02-24-2024 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OrangeBlossomBaby (Post 2304625)
There's no licensing for bartenders in Florida.

Some places require that you complete a licensing certificate course as a condition of employment, but the license itself isn't a thing in this state.

Florida does have a lot of licenses and also believe that there is no such thing as a licensed bartender. Licensed or not they do need to make sure that person(s) do not get too drunk as Dram Shop Laws might apply

Topspinmo 02-24-2024 11:29 AM

IMO alcohol shouldn’t be allowed in rec centers. Enough drunks on street as it is. But, not worry I won’t be taking over.:evil6: too bad I could fix all the problems in about 6 months.:1rotfl:

villagetinker 02-24-2024 11:47 AM

IMHO, I would double check on your plans, I have never seen the type arrangement you are planning at a rec center, BYBO yes, booze on tap never.

CarlR33 02-24-2024 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Topspinmo (Post 2304744)
too bad I could fix all the problems in about 6 months.:1rotfl:

LOL, would love to see that fix it all list…you should make that a separate post sometime.

frayedends 02-24-2024 12:39 PM

Hmm no idea on a bartender. But I was told alcohol wasn’t generally allowed in the rec center unless you follow their rules (I couldn’t find the rules). When we went to an event the booze had to be hidden in people’s water bottles. Same as they do in the squares. I’m curious what the actual rules are.

retiredguy123 02-24-2024 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frayedends (Post 2304773)
Hmm no idea on a bartender. But I was told alcohol wasn’t generally allowed in the rec center unless you follow their rules (I couldn’t find the rules). When we went to an event the booze had to be hidden in people’s water bottles. Same as they do in the squares. I’m curious what the actual rules are.

Go to this website and click on "facility guidelines":

The Villages Community Development Districts Recreation Facility Rental

JMintzer 02-24-2024 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frayedends (Post 2304773)

I've been to many events at our regional rec center where alcohol was consumed (BYOB)... Nothing needed to be hidden...

Stu from NYC 02-24-2024 06:07 PM

They are all byob and lots of wine bottles or even beer . No idea about hard liquor

LadyDiva 02-25-2024 04:53 AM

when you book the room at the rec center they will tell you the names of company that will bartend for you. We had a large party and did exactly that at Everglades, it was perfect!

Berwin 02-25-2024 05:49 AM

Licenses? We don't need no stinkin' licenses!