Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Restaurant Discussions (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/restaurant-discussions-90/)
-   -   Colony mexican restaurant (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/restaurant-discussions-90/colony-mexican-restaurant-226454/)

baileysdad 01-16-2017 09:39 PM

Colony mexican restaurant

What happened ??? Went in Sunday at 3pm..place almost empty. Took 20 minutes for anyone to even come to table. Another 10 minutes to bring chips. Finally took order, forgot to bring soup that was ordered. One of the meals was COLD...not cool, but COLD and WRONG. Waiter never came by to check if everything was OK...just put the bill on the table and walked away..

We've been going there for last 6 years...NEVER EVER anything like this..No manager to even complain too.

Hope it has not fallen into "it's winter so we're always busy" mentality.. Really really BAD...

JSR22 01-16-2017 10:02 PM

Mexican

Their food has been awful for a number of months.

vinricci 01-17-2017 08:01 AM

Switch to Las Magueyes on 301 in the ACE Hardware shopping center. 99 cent tacos Tuesdays, and 99 cent enchiladas on Wednesdays.

John_W 01-17-2017 08:13 AM

I had a completely different experience. We went to Fiesta Grande at Colony yesterday and I had a great lunch. Sizzling steak and peppers and onions on Fijatas. We had gone two weeks before and it was the best thing I have ever eaten and I couldn't wait to go back. Yesterday about 1pm the place was packed, the previous trip the place was close to being packed. I mentioned how good the food was to my neighbor and he said he had tried to go last week for dinner but couldn't get in because it was so crowded and didn't want to wait.

The week in between we decided to listen to all these recommendations about the Wildwood Mexican restaurant. We went for lunch and I ordered two tacos. They were absolutely the worse tacos I have ever tried to eat. The shells were so hard I had to use a knife to cut them. Inside, no hamburger meat, but rather shredded roast beef type meat that had to be pulled out with your teeth. The lettuce and tomato was piled on the plate not on the taco. I couldn't believe this is the place everyone speaks so highly of. Please, you all keep going there and leave Fiesta Grande to us.

Chatbrat 01-17-2017 09:23 AM

Never Eaten At Fiesta Grande-we were in the area and had sometime to kill-dropped in for a quick cocktail--the place was packed--they must be doing something right

swooner 01-17-2017 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chatbrat (Post 1348392)
Never Eaten At Fiesta Grande-we were in the area and had sometime to kill-dropped in for a quick cocktail--the place was packed--they must be doing something right

Loved it every time I've been there. Naysayers should go to At Jalisco.

golf2140 01-17-2017 05:17 PM

Great place, never had a problem.

Chi-Town 01-17-2017 05:30 PM

Just talking tacos now. The best I've had around here and actually authentic is Prima Market Taqueria in Belleview. Far from fancy but delicious . And if you like tongue (lengua) tacos they are excellent.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Jdmiata 01-17-2017 06:18 PM

My golf group went there today for lunch. Everyone loved their food. Service was very good.
Been there a dozen times......never a problem.

Jazzcat 01-17-2017 09:20 PM

We went to Fiesta Grande last night for dinner. It was our first time, but it won't be our last! The bar and dining area were both very busy. We were seated and greeted by our server promptly. Our food was delivered in only a few minutes. It was delicious! We will definitely go back.

MikeV 01-18-2017 12:13 AM

We think Las Magueyes in Wildwood is better but but have always been happy with Fiesta Grande's service.

xcaligirl 01-18-2017 12:27 AM

We are fans of Fiesta Grande however last time we went, the food was COLD, much smaller portion, bad service. 99% of the time the food has been fantastic, service just okay. We will try it again.

Bosoxfan 01-18-2017 10:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John_W (Post 1348331)
I

The week in between we decided to listen to all these recommendations about the Wildwood Mexican restaurant. We went for lunch and I ordered two tacos. They were absolutely the worse tacos I have ever tried to eat. The shells were so hard I had to use a knife to cut them. Inside, no hamburger meat, but rather shredded roast beef type meat that had to be pulled out with your teeth. The lettuce and tomato was piled on the plate not on the taco. I couldn't believe this is the place everyone speaks so highly of. Please, you all keep going there and leave Fiesta Grande to us.

But they were 99 cents so they MUST BE GOOD!!!

Please everybody keep going there.....We love Colony!!!

Carla B 01-19-2017 08:55 AM

As a regular customer at Fiesta Grande since they opened, I think overall the food and service are consistently good. At least my regular menu item is good. When I order something different than no. 8 on the lunch menu, or "I" on the dinner menu, I'm disappointed, but that's just me. The thing that's really annoying is the CLAMOR when it is very busy. I wish they'd put in an acoustic ceiling or something to cut the noise down.

KennyP 01-21-2017 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JSR22 (Post 1348230)
Their food has been awful for a number of months.

Its been awful since they opened. Hopefully this is a sign there closing and another company can give it a try