Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Restaurant Discussions (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/restaurant-discussions-90/)
-   -   Glenview Monday Steak Night (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/restaurant-discussions-90/glenview-monday-steak-night-343738/)

asianthree 08-29-2023 07:53 AM

Glenview Monday Steak Night

So company coming and they noticed the advertisement for Glenview steak night for $29.95. I am guessing it’s buffet. Has anyone had steak night, don’t care about other nights or regular menu food.

We always went to Glenview for Saturday and Sunday brunch, food was excellent, prime rib was rare to mid, fresh shrimp. .but two months ago brunch, was probably some of the worst food we’ve ever had in TV. Looked like it was leftover, rolled ham, prime like shoe leather. It’s the slow season but no excuse for poor quality food.

Manager didn’t think there was a problem, when I showed him photos of past brunches we attended, no comment just walked away.

I hate taking company to steak night and have a repeat of Sunday brunch. They eat at buffets all the time, for us it’s a waste one and done plate.

But it’s company, and their request

Hape2Bhr 08-29-2023 10:19 AM

I'd suggest Lopez instead,

asianthree 08-29-2023 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hape2Bhr (Post 2250871)
I'd suggest Lopez instead,

Not what my post is about…. .they specifically want to go to Glenview, am looking for someone who had attended Steak night, in the last month or so

Keefelane66 08-29-2023 11:21 AM

Longhorn, Outback or Texas Roadhouse

asianthree 08-29-2023 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Keefelane66 (Post 2250897)
Longhorn, Outback or Texas Roadhouse

Again not what my post is about. I would rather go to Ocala for steak, but they want to go to Glenview. If I get positive or negative feedback from personal experience at “Glenview Steak Night”, that would be the answer I am looking for

Bay Kid 08-30-2023 06:18 AM

My golf buddies did steak night several months ago. I don't eat steak, but they really enjoyed the meal. My fish and chips was good.

asianthree 08-30-2023 06:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bay Kid (Post 2251111)
My golf buddies did steak night several months ago. I don't eat steak, but they really enjoyed the meal. My fish and chips was good.

Thanks for answering my questions. I really want to take them elsewhere, but they love the view, and hate for them to be disappointed

Bilyclub 08-30-2023 06:48 AM

Glenview, another place with condensation dripping down from the ceiling ac vents.

Nevinator 08-30-2023 07:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by asianthree (Post 2250904)
Again not what my post is about. I would rather go to Ocala for steak, but they want to go to Glenview. If I get positive or negative feedback from personal experience at “Glenview Steak Night”, that would be the answer I am looking for

I don’t know why you are asking for advice when in fact your original post apparently answered your question. I know that if I had personally talked to the manager about an issue, and he walked away from me, that would be the last time that I would ever visit that establishment.

kkingston57 08-30-2023 07:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by asianthree (Post 2250822)
So company coming and they noticed the advertisement for Glenview steak night for $29.95. I am guessing it’s buffet. Has anyone had steak night, don’t care about other nights or regular menu food.

We always went to Glenview for Saturday and Sunday brunch, food was excellent, prime rib was rare to mid, fresh shrimp. .but two months ago brunch, was probably some of the worst food we’ve ever had in TV. Looked like it was leftover, rolled ham, prime like shoe leather. It’s the slow season but no excuse for poor quality food.

Manager didn’t think there was a problem, when I showed him photos of past brunches we attended, no comment just walked away.

I hate taking company to steak night and have a repeat of Sunday brunch. They eat at buffets all the time, for us it’s a waste one and done plate.

But it’s company, and their request

Went to Glenview last Friday night and had a coupon for an all u can eat fish. Per waitress if was no longer in affect. Not an all u can eat but portion was more than adequate and I am not a small person. Food was good and I could not complain.

asianthree 08-31-2023 05:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nevinator (Post 2251148)
I don’t know why you are asking for advice when in fact your original post apparently answered your question. I know that if I had personally talked to the manager about an issue, and he walked away from me, that would be the last time that I would ever visit that establishment.

Not really my post was how disappointing the Sunday brunch was. Steak night is not Sunday brunch.

Had 3 pm who went to Monday night steak night. The Prime was rare to mid, steaks were mid to as I would describe dead. Sides were the normal fare.

Far and above better than Sunday Brunch has been. The downfall staff seems sparse, and didn’t see the friendly chat up management roving the room. We had zero problems with dripping AC as other have had.
Would we do it again, probably not. Not that the beef wasn’t good, just don’t eat that much food.

So if one posts and ask a specific question, thrown out the useless posts, one will eventually get an honest answer

Thanks everyone, will take them to Glenview as they have requested.

frayedends 09-02-2023 01:01 PM

Seems to me the folks answering with other suggestions were trying to tell you that it is better to go elsewhere. You shouldn't be condescending to them for trying to answer. I totally get that you want to know if the steak night is horrible or if it will be okay. But when people try to help there's no need to trash them.

thelegges 09-02-2023 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frayedends (Post 2252377)
Seems to me the folks answering with other suggestions were trying to tell you that it is better to go elsewhere. You shouldn't be condescending to them for trying to answer. I totally get that you want to know if the steak night is horrible or if it will be okay. But when people try to help there's no need to trash them.

Actually OP asked specifically just for Glenview didn't need other ideas.. Looks like OP have lived here for multiple years

pokeefe45@aol.com 09-02-2023 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thelegges (Post 2252383)
Actually OP asked specifically just for Glenview didn't need other ideas.. Looks like OP have lived here for multiple years

Then I think the OP should go elsewhere for advice that he doesn't even seem to really need, based on his comments. Pretty rude replies to his/her narrowly focused inquiry. America's Grumpiest Hometown.

shaw8700@outlook.com 09-02-2023 10:13 PM

I think the OP should tell his guests that Glenview has changed; tell them he tried to tell the head guy and all he did was walk away. There’s far better restaurants.