Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   Idiots (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/idiots-304004/)

Chatbrat 03-18-2020 12:39 PM

Idiots

Just went a sports pool, lots of real old women walking side by side , ignoring all the rules about social spacing--maybe its time to shut everything done--can't fix stupid--it may kill us all

karostay 03-18-2020 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chatbrat (Post 1729493)
Just went a sports pool, lots of real old women walking side by side , ignoring all the rules about social spacing--maybe its time to shut everything done--can't fix stupid--it may kill us all

Based on available info and actions in just the past 3 months
Were the next dinosaurs

Chatbrat 03-18-2020 12:54 PM

In a few hundred years they might discover TV in an archeologic dig , in the midst of a swamp over grown

PoolBrews 03-18-2020 12:59 PM

Do a little research. The pools are one of the safest places to be right now. From the CDC:

"According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, “There is no evidence that COVID-19 can be spread to humans through the use of pools and hot tubs. Proper operation, maintenance, and disinfection (e.g., with chlorine and bromine) of pools and hot tubs should remove or inactivate the virus that causes COVID-19.”"

This doesn't cover if someone sneezes directly on you, or if you touch surfaces that have residual traces of coronavirus... however, as long as the surfaces get splashed with pool water regularly, it will inactivate the virus.

To be clear - it is relatively safe IN the pool... but not if you're sitting on the deck with a big group of folks. And being in the pool is certainly far safer than being in a restaurant, or shopping for groceries.

Villageswimmer 03-18-2020 01:03 PM

OP didn’t say there was a problem with being in a pool. His complaint is their being close to one another and ignoring social distance rule.

rustyp 03-18-2020 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chatbrat (Post 1729504)
In a few hundred years they might discover TV in an archeologic dig , in the midst of a swamp over grown

They will be scratching their heads wondering why did all those dogs poop into plastic bags.

Marathon Man 03-18-2020 01:08 PM

I don't see a benefit in calling people "idiots". Nothing is known about them. Maybe they live together.

Chatbrat 03-18-2020 01:10 PM

They are idiots , the same applies to all the spring breakers who are ignoring all the guidelines that are out there--would you prefer
Ostriches
By the way GM<FORD & Chrysle have shut down all manufacturing--we're @ war, if we make to next year consider yourself lucky

blueash 03-18-2020 01:25 PM

Maybe Chatbrat can explain why it is necessary to bully people to make a point. When you refer to people as fat old ladies you have attacked their body, their age and their gender. I know some national leaders feel this is the way to talk and you are modeling their example. Shame on them. Shame on you.

Chatbrat 03-18-2020 01:29 PM

One I'm a retired military person, I dealt with reality, and in this time shaming is needed to snap some people into reality--its not church--we have a case in TV's get real people its here

manaboutown 03-18-2020 01:44 PM

Maybe he could have been less accurate in the descriptors he used to satisfy the PC crowd. Weight challenged, very high BMI, clinically obese for fat. Senior, geriatric or way up there in years for old. One thing is for sure, they were not behaving intelligently, using common sense or being prudent. In fact their behavior was quite uncaring and callous because if one or more of them had contracted the dreaded virus they would likely pass it onto others.

Gpsma 03-18-2020 02:02 PM

Couple of years from now, there will be articles about the Stupid Idiotic Mass Hysteria of 2020.

We can thank the media

And here I thought TV would be a haven of sanity...but plenty of chicken littles here too

Polar Bear 03-18-2020 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marathon Man (Post 1729515)
I don't see a benefit in calling people "idiots"...

Quote:

Originally Posted by karostay (Post 1729546)
I do its the majority around here

Give...me...a...break.

More like a select few.

Bucco 03-18-2020 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gpsma (Post 1729539)
Couple of years from now, there will be articles about the Stupid Idiotic Mass Hysteria of 2020.

We can thank the media

And here I thought TV would be a haven of sanity...but plenty of chicken littles here too

I am sure you are quite correct.

Say out loud ....everything I do not agree with it is the fault of the media. If they just kept their mouth shut who would know

Gpsma 03-18-2020 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bucco (Post 1729566)
I am sure you are quite correct.

Say out loud ....everything I do not agree with it is the fault of the media. If they just kept their mouth shut who would know

And you probably bought up 400 rolls of toilet paper because u watxhed the news.