Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   City Fire at lake sumter landing makes headlines again (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/city-fire-lake-sumter-landing-makes-headlines-again-128738/)

nitehawk 10-01-2014 08:04 AM

City Fire at lake sumter landing makes headlines again

http://www.**************.com/man-ar...umter-landing/

2AM ---26 years old -----intoxicated --- altercation --
Maybe do you think he was over served --- bottle of wine , six beers, four shots of JD - even if they did not serve him all of the drinks - he should not have been anything - 2AM what give with city fire - do they need the business that much ---I know it does not say he was served but if he was--- city fire should lose their license -- wasnt city fire where the couple that had sex on the stage were drinking before the incident --- close all bars at 11pm ---i will not let my wife walk on the sidewalk by city fire --- it is like a meat market -- yes 5- 10 guys with baseball caps stare everyone down

leftyf 10-01-2014 08:11 AM

You can't blame City Fire, the man should be held accountable for his own actions.

2BNTV 10-01-2014 08:19 AM

A bar person should have refused drinks to anyone who has had one too many!!!

As always, it a singular person's responsibility to know, when they have had too much.

City Fire was in no way responsible for the person who decided to have sex on the square. Get a room.

Stupid is, as stupid does.

Challenger 10-01-2014 08:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nitehawk (Post 946568)

Maybe do you think he was over served --- bottle of wine , six beers, four shots of JD - even if they did not serve him all of the drinks - he should not have been anything - 2AM what give with city fire - do they need the business that much ---I know it does not say he was served but if he was--- city fire should lose their license -- wasnt city fire where the couple that had sex on the stage were drinking before the incident --- close all bars at 11pm ---i will not let my wife walk on the sidewalk by city fire --- it is like a meat market -- yes 5- 10 guys with baseball caps stare everyone down

I am not anti alcohol although I drink very little. IMO there is far too much of an alcohol culture on the squares. I agree with the comments on the City Fire and also avoid that corner when with my family . Don't know what should be done, but it seems that many of the participants are other than TV residents. Residents or not ,impaired drivers are a problem here and the problem seems to be growing--- What say you?

Indydealmaker 10-01-2014 08:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nitehawk (Post 946568)

Have you considered that these guys were actually looking at you?

ugotme 10-01-2014 08:37 AM

Sorry, but in my opinion this is just another case of people blaming everyone BUT the culprit.

That's part of what is wrong today - everyone blames everyone else. McDonalds was responsible for serving hot coffee too ! WOW Surprise!

Citi Fire did NOT make the couple have sex. Maybe (?) this guy was not even served at CF who knows?

How about we start blaming the people involved ????

Bay Kid 10-01-2014 08:44 AM

Maybe they need to close before 2am???

Chi-Town 10-01-2014 08:48 AM

Some places on the squares change clientele as the night goes on. They become less local and younger.

The village I moved from had a town square very similar to LSL. But the bar bill for what was consumed by this guy would be at least $70.00. That generally kept the riff raff factor way down. Maybe not a bad idea to not have all night long happy hours.

That being said I like City Fire but usually gone by ten or when the smoke level is too high.

skip0358 10-01-2014 10:03 AM

First it doesn't say he consumed it there, says he had consumed that much. Says he had the fight there. Also bars in Sumter County close at 12AM by law. He was walking around with 2 pair of brass knuckles in his pocket so was looking for trouble period. I've seen bar tenders in TV refuse to serve people because they've had enough, that's their job. The people who got busted for having sex in the square that wasn't City Fire's fault either. They had sex in public and she had a long rap sheet. Why bash the business ?

billethkid 10-01-2014 10:12 AM

Of course I do not condone the serving of someone too intoxicated......as measured by what I have no idea nor does any of the rest of us!!

how about a little perspective?

City Fire and other establishments stay open after most of TV is in bed to cater to the younger crow that works to serve us when we are awake.

That means the threat of being ogled or molested is more a figment of one's imagination....which one is certainly entitled.

However once again a few facts and some conjecture mixed together with individual opinion and or hearsay and a general proposition that is unlikely is conceived!

Perspective?

raynan 10-01-2014 10:30 AM

What is the closing time for City Fire??? I didn't think anything in Lake Sumter Landing was open at 2AM.

Bonny 10-01-2014 10:38 AM

What a shame to blame City Fire for this. :ohdear: That is just ridiculous.
I am at City Fire outside 3 - 4 times a week. It's a great place to meet people and meet up with friends. The owners and employees are wonderful people !!
The term meat market is also ridiculous. There are a lot of single people that go there and have a good time together. Most of them have known each other for years. I have known them for many years. They a very nice people.
No one said the guy drank there. City Fire closes long before 2:00 am. They are all closed up by midnight. Last call is usually about 11:30.
Such a shame to bash a restaurant because some guy was an idiot.
As far as the sex on the square, people need to get over this. They frequented a lot of restaurants. I would see them at Red Sauce, Cody's and several other places. Is it everyone else's fault ?
These are grown up people making their own decisions !! No body's fault but their own !!
Sorry for the rant, but this thread really saddens me !!!
Hope everyone has a good day.

Bonny 10-01-2014 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by raynan (Post 946624)
What is the closing time for City Fire??? I didn't think anything in Lake Sumter Landing was open at 2AM.

Midnight. Last call is usually about 11:30

Taltarzac725 10-01-2014 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bonny (Post 946629)
What a shame to blame City Fire for this. :ohdear: That is just ridiculous.
I am at City Fire outside 3 - 4 times a week. It's a great place to meet people and meet up with friends. The owners and employees are wonderful people !!
The term meat market is also ridiculous. There are a lot of single people that go there and have a good time together. Most of them have known each other for years. I have known them for many years. They a very nice people.
No one said the guy drank there. City Fire closes long before 2:00 am. They are all closed up by midnight. Last call is usually about 11:30.
Such a shame to bash a restaurant because some guy was an idiot.
As far as the sex on the square, people need to get over this. They frequented a lot of restaurants. I would see them at Red Sauce, Cody's and several other places. Is it everyone else's fault ?
These are grown up people making their own decisions !! No body's fault but their own !!
Sorry for the rant, but this thread really saddens me !!!
Hope everyone has a good day.

I sure like your voice of reason and kindness.

Patty55 10-01-2014 12:15 PM

Good to know they are open that late, I was under the impression that everything closed up at 9. Any other good places open past 9?