Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Executive Courses - The Villages Golf Course Conditions (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/executive-courses-villages-golf-course-conditions-472/)
-   -   Longleaf (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/executive-courses-villages-golf-course-conditions-472/longleaf-348679/)

jarodrig 03-20-2024 01:21 PM

Longleaf

2 Attachment(s)
Here is another example of an executive course that is great shape !

The “El Nino” conspiracy theory must have bypassed this course !

Greens and tee boxes nearly perfect and a decent amount of grass around the greens to have a chance at a nice chip !

Overall, I would rate this one at about an 8 out of 10 …..

Took a shot of a couple of the greens …. They are all in pretty much the same shape .

KCAlan 03-21-2024 06:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jarodrig (Post 2313567)

Greens and tee boxes nearly perfect and a decent amount of grass around the greens to have a chance at a nice chip !

Took a shot of a couple of the greens …. They are all in pretty much the same shape .

Yes, Longleaf is better than most Executive courses although a few of the greens including the putting green are showing signs of deterioration.

I can’t figure out the logic behind placing the pin in the deteriorated part of the green when other areas of the green are in better condition. Example is hole #4. The center of the green is worn down, but both the upper and lower parts of the green are fine. I see this quite a bit on both Executive and Championship courses. Just because today is pin placement 2 doesn’t mean you have to put the hole in the worn part of the green. Management needs to teach common sense to the maintenance crews.

villager7591 03-21-2024 06:53 AM

Longleaf is better than most executives *except for Mickylee). I play Longleaf weekly. A month ago, greens were pristine, flat-out incredible. They have deteriorated some over the last 30 days.

Juliebythesea 03-23-2024 04:29 PM

We played there last week. It was stunningly beautiful.

ASage 03-24-2024 11:53 AM

Longleaf experience

Quote:

Originally Posted by jarodrig (Post 2313567)

The good conditions are primarily due to the attention to detail by the maintenance crew at Longleaf. About two weeks ago, while playing Hole #1, there were two maintenance workers with buckets and tools, removing, in-between groups, those small round plugs of whatever grass has been infesting greens in the Villages and filling the small divots they created with sand. It's the same weed that totally ruined Red Fox #1 just down the street.