Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Talk of the Television (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/talk-television-338/)
-   -   Anybody else watching The Old Man on FX (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/talk-television-338/anybody-else-watching-old-man-fx-333297/)

Indy-Guy 06-28-2022 12:29 PM

Anybody else watching The Old Man on FX

I have gotten hooked on watching the series The Old Man on FX. If you have enjoyed the Jack Ryan or Jack Reacher series you would probably enjoy this series.

The Old Man - Rotten Tomatoes

The Old Man (TV series - Wikipedia)

manaboutown 06-28-2022 12:42 PM

I am recording it as I thoroughly enjoyed the first show.

I guess I enjoy this type of show as I liked "Buried in Barstow" even more. Lifetime Schedules Angie Harmon Movie Series Buried in Barstow - TV Fanatic

Back in the day I enjoyed "The Fugitive", "The Prisoner" and "I Led Three Lives", same kind of stuff.

Keefelane66 06-28-2022 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Indy-Guy (Post 2111055)
I have gotten hooked on watching the series The Old Man on FX. If you have enjoyed the Jack Ryan or Jack Reacher series you would probably enjoy this series.

The Old Man - Rotten Tomatoes

The Old Man (TV series - Wikipedia)

Excellent Series on FX next day on Hulu.

Marathon Man 06-28-2022 01:29 PM

Yep. Pretty darned good.

Badger 2006 06-28-2022 01:53 PM

Great!

MartinSE 06-28-2022 02:10 PM

I started to the other night. It didn't catch my attention in the first 30 or 45 minutes so I left it.

Blueblaze 06-28-2022 05:32 PM

I've been enjoying the show, but what''s with all the F-bombs? Remember when that was an instant R rating? Why can't hollyweird just tell a story once in a while without screaming the F-bomb in my ear every ten minutes?

I watch it on Hulu. Do they leave all that bad language in the FX cable version? FX isn't a pay channel. The sex scene last week was pretty explicit, too. Do the rules not apply anymore?

billethkid 06-28-2022 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blueblaze (Post 2111134)
I've been enjoying the show, but what''s with all the F-bombs? Remember when that was an instant R rating? Why can't hollyweird just tell a story once in a while without screaming the F-bomb in my ear every ten minutes?

I watch it on Hulu. Do they leave all that bad language in the FX cable version? FX isn't a pay channel. The sex scene last week was pretty explicit, too. Do the rules not apply anymore?

Welcome to the permissive society where where selective enforcement and anything goes, by for and to anybody.

Jeff Bridges is almost always a good show.

MartinSE 06-28-2022 06:06 PM

Quote:

I don't understand, it offends you, but you watch it. Try to guess how they decide what to show - it might have something to do with watching it.

Of course the nanny state protecting you is so much easier than changing the channel.

Keefelane66 06-28-2022 06:33 PM

Quote:

FX and HULU are not broadcast channels different rules apply I’d suggest you change the channel. Try watching Yellowstone.

Stu from NYC 06-28-2022 06:59 PM

Will have to give this a try

Speedie 06-28-2022 08:13 PM

Good show. Spoiler - first half hour starts very slow. Hang in there, it will grab you

tophcfa 06-28-2022 09:02 PM

Really enjoyed the first three episodes, looking forward to Thursday night for the fourth. The Dude rocks as the Old Man. FX and AMC continuously put out the best shows. The big four big networks continue to put out garbage.

tophcfa 06-28-2022 09:06 PM

Quote:

I find it refreshing that they display real life behavior instead of scrubbing everything into some kind of make believe PG world.

Chi-Town 06-28-2022 10:51 PM

Quote:

Just use closed captioning and close your eyes during the nude scenes.