Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Landscape Contractors & Lawn Mowing (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/landscape-contractors-lawn-mowing-272/)
-   -   Gravel Bed Weeds and Shrub trimming (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/landscape-contractors-lawn-mowing-272/gravel-bed-weeds-shrub-trimming-323185/)

Golfer222 08-23-2021 12:13 PM

Gravel Bed Weeds and Shrub trimming

I know multiple posts on this but most are dated. Looking for a company that do weed prevention/removal in gravel courtyard villa beds regularly. Also shrub maintenance. Not looking for any diy remedies. Thank you

GrumpyOldMan 08-23-2021 01:23 PM

Good luck, us too...

Joe V. 08-23-2021 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GrumpyOldMan (Post 1993291)
Good luck, us too...

If I was in my early 20s I would develop just such a niche business here in The Villages. Just weeding and small tree and shrub trimming. I would of course have to be physically fit and have that 20 year old energy to work the business up from the ground.

DAIII 08-23-2021 03:57 PM

I have massey (2+ years now) and although not the cheapest. They are reliable. and offer FULL SERVICE, meaning shrub trim & replacements as needed and spray and hand pick weeds. I selected them as this is who the villages uses and heck if it's good enough for them.. good enough for me.

FULL SERVICE is esp good for those snow birds.. as they check sprinklers (they remote turn on- no garage access needed) Aeration for the lawn and green up also.

Plus they work in a uniform.

My neighbors hired a guy in a broke down vehicle and is shirtless- granted I'm sure they charge 1/3 of massey.. but when the going got tough.. they never showed up.

retiredguy123 08-23-2021 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DAIII (Post 1993356)
I have massey (2+ years now) and although not the cheapest. They are reliable. and offer FULL SERVICE, meaning shrub trim & replacements as needed and spray and hand pick weeds. I selected them as this is who the villages uses and heck if it's good enough for them.. good enough for me.

FULL SERVICE is esp good for those snow birds.. as they check sprinklers (they remote turn on- no garage access needed) Aeration for the lawn and green up also.

Plus they work in a uniform.

My neighbors hired a guy in a broke down vehicle and is shirtless- granted I'm sure they charge 1/3 of massey.. but when the going got tough.. they never showed up.

I partially agree. I have had Massey for several services, but lately, their quality has decreased. I recently fired them for irrigation maintenance because they were spending about 3 minutes and not even observing the operation of all of the sprinklers. And, I had to teach the technician how to operate the controller. I recently hired them for mowing because they said they would mow every week until October. The first month, they mowed once and then didn't come back for 2-1/2 weeks.