Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   Need golf clubs (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/need-golf-clubs-333985/)

Remembergoldenrule 07-28-2022 03:12 PM

Need golf clubs

If anyone has a golf club set they want to part with, please let me know price. I am 5’9” right hand man. I have never payed golf, but I am signed up for golf academy. I don’t want to spend a lot of money until I see if I can play and enjoy playing. Wife who is 5’2” right hand is also looking for beginner set. Thank you!

Bogie Shooter 07-28-2022 03:16 PM

Another thread.
https://www.talkofthevillages.com/fo...ght=Golf+clubs

ditka41 07-28-2022 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Remembergoldenrule (Post 2119893)
If anyone has a golf club set they want to part with, please let me know price. I am 5’9” right hand man. I have never payed golf, but I am signed up for golf academy. I don’t want to spend a lot of money until I see if I can play and enjoy playing. Wife who is 5’2” right hand is also looking for beginner set. Thank you!

I have a set for each of you, assuming your wife is also right-handed. Look around at the shops and see what they're going for. Then call me to schedule a time when you'd like to see them. Located in The Villages.

Thank you,
Gary 352-359-0770

ohioshooter 07-29-2022 05:58 AM

PM sent

Rainger99 07-29-2022 06:47 AM

Quote:

Do a search of the classifieds on this forum. There are a number of golf clubs for sale - both for men and for women. The price varies from $30 to $300.

B-flat 07-29-2022 07:27 AM

Check out the Market at Marion flea market. I bought a set of clubs and bag for $25 that was in 2018. Good thing they were $25 because we never continued playing.

banjobob 07-30-2022 04:59 AM

I agree with another poster Market of Marion good place to check for your needs. I bought a nice set of clubs graphite shafts and putter . We have them for visitors to use , I have used them myself and they play well. Dry reasonable

Babubhat 07-30-2022 05:18 AM

Marion marketplace or Goodwill

Kingsport 07-30-2022 07:28 AM

The Golf Academy Will Provide Clubs

I did the golf academy and loved it. We did not have clubs and they provided them. Some folks showed up with yard sale clubs and the instructor gave them age-appropriate clubs, rather than the stiff-shafted stuff the folks showed up with. We bought clubs AFTER the training and are very glad we did. Feel free to PM.

loreejl 07-30-2022 07:32 AM

If you have not found a set of clubs. I have an almost new complete set of Wilson clubs irons, driver, putter, and bag for $75.
Jack 330-461-3110

loreejl 07-30-2022 07:32 AM

If you have not found a set of clubs. I have an almost new complete set of Wilson clubs irons, driver, putter, and bag for $75.
Jack 330-461-3110

Sandy and Ed 07-30-2022 07:53 AM

Quote:

Humble Suggestion?? See what you can find at yard sales or Good Will or Marion Mkt first. IMO, I don't think you really need a complete set to get the feel of the sport. Once you figure out the stance, aim, swing, etc (basics) then you can look at the technical aspects of the game. Driving range at Palmer and Sarasota helps. ME? I’m still trying to get comfortable with the basics. I took the Golf Academy course and went to the sit down class. Luckily I can find patient folks that let me join a scramble now and then. Eventually I’ll get a new complete set.

DaleDivine 07-30-2022 09:16 AM

Agree with what most are saying. Get a cheap used set first to make sure you want to play this merciless sport. Just a few clubs is all you need starting out.
:girlneener::o:confused::shrug:

Scbang 07-30-2022 12:01 PM

When you pick up a full/half set, make sure to get beginner's ( or super game improvement ) club. Also, it is important to get senior ( or ladies ) shaft instead of regular or stiff. Golf club fitting is best but that means you already have a set or ready to spend $2000+ for a new set of clubs. Many old clubs sell for $25 are for advanced players with forged blade irons with reg/stiff shaft from 60s, 70s and 80s. I know may people bought those and have been discouraged to continue because it makes this difficult sport much harder.

Cheers!

Remembergoldenrule 07-30-2022 02:44 PM

Thanks for tip. We are scheduled for academy. Never played before so hope can even hit ball.