Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   What does The Villages Need? (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/what-does-villages-need-26518/)

joeyk 01-04-2010 11:03 AM

What does The Villages Need?

Hi,
Just bought my new house in TV, absolutely adore it.

I just sold my last Business and now am looking for a new venture in TV.

So what does the Villages need? any ideas guys?

I have owned Photography Studios, Make Up Studios, Hair Studios

Any help would be great, i have seen a few shops to rent so would not be hard to get things in motion.
:crap2:

another Linda 01-04-2010 04:54 PM

What about an internet cafe? You'd be competing with some of the Rec centers though. But on the rare occasion when I've been there without my computer, the lines are often long.

njbchbum 01-04-2010 04:56 PM

we need a store called 'the christmas tree shops' - the best store for decorating goods and home goods - and we need a good competitor for joann's like a.c. moore. think ya could recruit either of them to come to t.v?

another Linda 01-04-2010 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by njbchbum (Post 241178)
we need a store called 'the christmas tree shops' - the best store for decorating goods and home goods - and we need a good competitor for joann's like a.c. moore. think ya could recruit either of them to come to t.v?

love love love the Christmas Tree Shops!!!

Larryandlinda 01-04-2010 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joeyk (Post 241094)
Hi,
Just bought my new house in TV, absolutely adore it.

I just sold my last Business and now am looking for a new venture in TV.

So what does the Villages need? any ideas guys?

I have owned Photography Studios, Make Up Studios, Hair Studios

Any help would be great, i have seen a few shops to rent so would not be hard to get things in motion.
:crap2:

What do you like to do? That would make it good for you as well as those you serve.

But remember, gotta be careful about what you do out of the home, from what we've seen on TOTV (find and read the posts on that thread) you cannot even work on your business on the home computer.
Hopefully, you can think about the business from home.

This is why in addition to our TV homes we snagged a place outside the compound 'just in case'

We will move our retail there once we are down for good and have been looking at leased retail space and commercial property

Send a PM and let us know what's up, we're always looking to network.

L&L

l2ridehd 01-04-2010 05:17 PM

The biggest issue with owning property in TV is no consolidated services. I hire someone to mow my lawn (they don't fertilize), someone else for termites, another to trim shrubs, someone else to weed, another for pool service, and someone else to fertilize the lawn, but they don't do shrubs, so another for that. Need someone else for the sprinkler system and another for home watch, and another for mulch. TOO MANY DIFFERENT PROVIDERS. Now I know that I will never find one to do it all, but if I could get it down to just 3 I would be happy. Everyone wants to do just one thing. If a service consolidated all outside maintenance they would put everyone else out of business. Even if they only did most of it and subbed the rest to someone else.

But they would have to mow the lawn, fertilize the lawn, weed the beds, trim the shrubs, fertilize the shrubs, spray the shrubs and lawn for bugs, mulch the beds, inspect the home while they are there, and fix and repair the sprinkler systems. Then just sub termite protection to someone and your done.

saratogaman 01-04-2010 05:33 PM

How about opening a nice Irish pub?

cathyp 01-04-2010 05:51 PM

How about a health/wellness club with reasonable rates and an indoor pool!!!

sschuler1 01-04-2010 06:42 PM

-There are no Big/Tall stores for men nearby. There is only one in Ocala.
-I miss the Coney Island restaurants that are all over the Metro Detroit area. Always ate there about once a week. Nothing comparable around here.
-There are no dance wear stores here. Many dance troops around The Villages, but everyone has to order their shoes and tights on line because there is no where to buy it here. Many dance wear stores also sell costumes, which would work well with the clown college. Also need to sell stage makeup, which works with the many theatre groups.
-Music stores are non-existant here, and there are so many musical groups here. Someplace that could repair instruments, sell pianos, and have a department for sheet music.
-There is no personalization store here. You know the ones where you can get glassware engraved, or monograms put on towels. That kind of place.

This is just a short list of all the kinds of places that I have wanted and that are not here. Many of the other places I have missed are chains, and wouldn't help you if I listed them. Pleeeeease, open one of these!!!!!!

chuckinca 01-04-2010 06:54 PM

Need a White Castle!

Bosoxfan 01-04-2010 07:41 PM

Someone to make a good pizza!!!!!!!! PLEASE

Ceafolks 01-04-2010 08:01 PM

Another vote..make it two..for Christmas Tree Shop.:eclipsee_gold_cup:

Patty 01-04-2010 08:02 PM

FYI to schuler - there is a music store in Mulberry Grove that does sell pianos and does sell music and some instrument repair. They are located on the west side of the Walgreens facing CR 42 and golf cart accessible.

MSNPA 01-04-2010 08:18 PM

I would love a cafe/pastry shop where you could sit down and have great coffee/teas and a wide selection of desserts. A place where you could relax and listen to great music. Nothing against Starbucks, Barnies or Dunkin Donuts, but a place with a European touch would be fantastic. So often after dinner my husband and I would love to go out for a treat, but there is really no place special to visit.

graciegirl 01-04-2010 08:36 PM