Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   TOTV Website and Mobile Suggestion Box (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/totv-website-mobile-suggestion-box-425/)
-   -   How About a Daily Posting Limit? (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/totv-website-mobile-suggestion-box-425/how-about-daily-posting-limit-307522/)

Kenswing 06-09-2020 02:26 PM

How About a Daily Posting Limit?

How about placing a limit on how many times a person can post in one day?

People would have to prioritize what they really feel is important and use their limited posts to convey that message. It would also cut down on the incessant bickering that we have going on right now.

We would also see far fewer wasted posts such as: Yep, Nailed It, Wow! I agree, etc.. That's what the Mods installed the "Thanks" function for.

As far as how many posts a day is appropriate? Maybe 15? Maybe more? Maybe less?

I know this site is monetarily driven by advertising and the more clicks they get the more they get paid. But if the current toxic atmosphere we're in right now were toned down maybe people would start coming back to the site and actually increase its traffic..

karostay 06-09-2020 02:38 PM

Ditto

rustyp 06-09-2020 02:39 PM

Great idea. Couple it with an interlock breath analyzer for the evening and late night crowd.

Kenswing 06-09-2020 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by karostay (Post 1780820)
Ditto

I knew I forgot one.. :1rotfl:

Bogie Shooter 06-09-2020 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kenswing (Post 1780805)
0 But if the current toxic atmosphere we're in right now were toned down maybe people would start coming back to the site and actually increase its traffic..

Have to agree the mood of the board has changed. Way too many veiled political posts are being left to stand.

karostay 06-09-2020 02:44 PM

They say ones mind is the first thing to go :shrug:

njbchbum 06-09-2020 02:48 PM

I fell that limiting anyone's ability to express themselves to be offensive. As long as posters are 'playing by the rules' let them 'speak'! If a post is breaking a rule or rules - report the post and let a Mod/Admin make that call.

Kenswing 06-09-2020 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by njbchbum (Post 1780831)
I fell that limiting anyone's ability to express themselves to be offensive. As long as posters are 'playing by the rules' let them 'speak'! If a post is breaking a rule or rules - report the post and let a Mod/Admin make that call.

I certainly meant no offense. But don't you find it tiresome when someone states the same opinion ad nauseum up to 50 times a day? Heck, even if I agree with their position it gets old.

But my main focus was to try and reduce the toxic atmosphere we have right now. Right now this site is operating in the same vein as the old Political Forum..

Nucky 06-09-2020 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kenswing (Post 1780846)
I certainly meant no offense. But don't you find it tiresome when someone states the same opinion ad nauseum up to 50 times a day? Heck, even if I agree with their position it gets old.

But my main focus was to try and reduce the toxic atmosphere we have right now. Right now this site is operating in the same vein as the old Political Forum..

It's the same Vein because it's the same. Ah, forget it! Almost got me. :1rotfl: Almost broke a rule. :)

GoodLife 06-09-2020 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nucky (Post 1780854)
At one point the posts were mainly for fun. The NOTHING Thread was born when the Political Thread was put to sleep.

The Mindless Posts in The NOTHING Thread weren't mean spirited for the most part.

Stop by, give it a try. Beats Fact, Figures, Links Etc. :1rotfl::1rotfl:

I just did upthread and was able to use the word NOTHING 5 times in 4 sentences.

I have to admit I feel pretty proud. :)

Madelaine Amee 06-09-2020 03:47 PM

Nobody HAS to read all the posts. I drop in and out during the day when I have down time. I know the posters I don't want to hear from, I avoid their posts. I think it is a good thing to have chat boards like this, allows some of the over the top people to get it off their minds.

photo1902 06-09-2020 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Madelaine Amee (Post 1780861)
Nobody HAS to read all the posts. I drop in and out during the day when I have down time. I know the posters I don't want to hear from, I avoid their posts. I think it is a good thing to have chat boards like this, allows some of the over the top people to get it off their minds.

Excellent advice. Apparently some people this there is a requirement to read each post.

Chi-Town 06-09-2020 03:58 PM

Some posters would be better off on twitter with their endless back and forth chatter. I like the 15 limit and not 15 per thread.

billethkid 06-09-2020 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kenswing (Post 1780846)

The eliminating of the political forum wound up punishing the majority because of a few.

My vote is to reign in the few to reduce the toxic posting. They are readily recognized and easy to curtail.

Let's have the majority win one for a change!!

Bogie Shooter 06-09-2020 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by billethkid (Post 1780867)
The eliminating of the political forum wound up punishing the majority because of a few.

My vote is to reign in the few to reduce the toxic posting. They are readily recognized and easy to curtail.

Let's have the majority win one for a change!!

Gonna need help from you know who. And it’s more than a few!