Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Golf in The Villages (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/golf-villages-216/)
-   -   Are you golfing today? (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/golf-villages-216/you-golfing-today-48704/)

ajbrown 02-12-2012 08:32 AM

Are you golfing today?

1 Attachment(s)
We have an 11 AM tee time today at Tierra. I say have as I have not called yet to cancel, but the group is cancelling for sure.

Is anyone going to play golf today? It is way too cold for me unless I am playing in some day after Thanksgiving special event in MA where it supposed to be cold.

I better call soon so someone else can use that slot :icon_wink:

nitehawk 02-12-2012 08:54 AM

Could be a frost delay today

ajbrown 02-12-2012 08:58 AM

There was a delay until 9AM on some courses.

I know there are some avid golfers out here, so I am more curious to know if anyone wants/loves to play so much they are playing today. :cold:

iaudit 02-12-2012 09:13 AM

I had a 9:30 AM tee time at Yankee Clipper. I changed it last night to 7:00 AM at Bacall so i would get a frost delay and no points. Did the same thing for tomorrow morning.

rubicon 02-12-2012 09:24 AM

I have a 9:10 AM tee time tomorow . I will keep that time and play unless they keep me off the course. I have this self imposed rule to show up and then decide. More than often I play rain, sun frost possibility. Never know what tomorrow will bring sooooooo for activities I will follow my daily plans

spk7951 02-12-2012 10:34 AM

Driving back home from LSL around 8:30am I noticed the irrigation system working on #1 hole on Amelia. Trees and bushes were covered in ice. As we passed #1 tee on Hemingway we noticed two people getting ready to tee off. Outside temp was 33 and windy. No thanks, as much as I enjoy golfing I will wait for another day.

Mudder 02-12-2012 12:11 PM

We're going to play at Hilltop right now !

ajbrown 02-12-2012 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mudder (Post 452266)
We're going to play at Hilltop right now !

A hearty soul indeed. I guess it is not too too bad if you can just find a spot in the sun where the wind is blocked. Good luck with that. Hit them fast and have fun :clap2:

PS. for you new home buyers. If you like to work on golf carts in the winter, consider a garage that faces south/south west :icon_wink:!

eweissenbach 02-12-2012 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ajbrown (Post 452279)
A hearty soul indeed. I guess it is not too too bad if you can just find a spot in the sun where the wind is blocked. Good luck with that. Hit them fast and have fun :clap2:

PS. for you new home buyers. If you like to work on golf carts in the winter, consider a garage that faces south/south west :icon_wink:!

We are playing at 4:25 at Roosevelt - should be 50+ by then. Have a 10:15 tomorrow that may take a pass - we'll see.

Mudder 02-12-2012 04:30 PM

It was beatiful at Hilltop when we played at 1 PM, not to much wind at all. No one in front of us but a steady steam behind us. really it was quite pleasant, I was actually overdressed !

Ebsmom 02-12-2012 04:40 PM

Are you golfing today.....

Can someone explain what the concept is concerning points? We just enjoyed a LSV in mid December and are in the process of preparing to put our house on the market... Considering our next home to be in "TV's"...Not sure what the discussion is about pt's regarding playing golf.. Thanks for any explanations..
Ebsmom
&
USNRet92

gage405 02-12-2012 04:52 PM

You get one point every time you play.
If you have a reservation and cancel less than 24 hours before the tee time, you get two points.
If you cancel on the day of play, you get three points.

The points remain on your ID number for one week.

Tee times are given first to the people with the lowest points.
So, if you have cancelled frequently during the past week, you will
have high points and may not get a tee time in advance.

That is the gist of it. I think it is explained in detail some place but I
dont know where. Sorry.

ajbrown 02-12-2012 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mudder (Post 452380)
It was beatiful at Hilltop when we played at 1 PM, not to much wind at all. No one in front of us but a steady steam behind us. really it was quite pleasant, I was actually overdressed !

Nice. I noticed the wind died down some, which sure helps. I took my dog for a ride around 4:30 to Sanibel area. To me it was pretty cold then, but there were quite a few golfers out there. I guess I am getting soft as I age :shrug:

Another 65er 02-12-2012 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ajbrown (Post 452431)
Nice. I noticed the wind died down some, which sure helps. I took my dog for a ride around 4:30 to Sanibel area. To me it was pretty cold then, but there were quite a few golfers out there. I guess I am getting soft as I age :shrug:

That, my friend, is not softness, it's wisdom.

teachnmo 02-12-2012 07:10 PM

Hubby played

My husband played out of the villages today and had a tee time of 9:00 a.m.
He says it was very nippy for the first three holes. :coolsmiley: