Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, Non Villages Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-non-villages-discussion-93/)
-   -   Vaccine site on CR466 has been dismantled (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-non-villages-discussion-93/vaccine-site-cr466-has-been-dismantled-315231/)

coffeebean 01-18-2021 01:57 PM

Vaccine site on CR466 has been dismantled

My sister had an appointment this morning for her first vaccine shot. Just to see what was going on, she drove past the drive up site. The tents are gone!

Topspinmo 01-18-2021 02:26 PM

What a goat rope????:faint:

billethkid 01-18-2021 02:37 PM

They go up and down fairly easily/quickly.
Remaining positive (!!!!)
....they rent them and no sense paying for not using?!
....they need them for a location that knows how to schedule?!

Like they said in their web site the operation would be for the foreseeable future.....who would have thought it would be so short!!!!

Credibility? Ground zero.....and holding.

It will be a challenge to believe anything they say next?

graciegirl 01-18-2021 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coffeebean (Post 1889329)
My sister had an appointment this morning for her first vaccine shot. Just to see what was going on, she drove past the drive up site. The tents are gone!

They are tents. Easy up. Easy down. Folding chairs and tables. Ditto. They will return when the next batch of Covid vaccine gets here. The field is still owned by the Morses and all processes are poised to begin again.

Deep breaths.

coffeebean 01-18-2021 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by graciegirl (Post 1889361)
They are tents. Easy up. Easy down. Folding chairs and tables. Ditto. They will return when the next batch of Covid gets here. The field is still owned by the Morses and all processes are poised to begin again.

Deep breaths.

Thank you Gracie. I'm breathing!

DeanFL 01-18-2021 03:58 PM

Quote:

They are tents. Easy up. Easy down. Folding chairs and tables. Ditto. They will return when the next batch of Covid gets here. The field is still owned by the Morses and all processes are poised to begin again.

Deep breaths.

Wait Gracie. HOW DARE YOU! Make comments as you just did?

Factual, sensible, intellectual, without malice, without namecalling, hopeful, upbeat, calming, and confident.

This forum is NO PLACE for such commentary!

Shame on you.

John41 01-18-2021 04:32 PM

/////

twoplanekid 01-18-2021 04:39 PM

Received today in my District email account ->

important: Update about the Vaccine Supply

Due to unforeseen circumstances surrounding the national vaccine supply, we are temporarily suspending the operation of the mass vaccination site in Sumter County. Here’s what you need to know:

If you received an appointment for your second dose, your appointment will remain as scheduled until further notice. If we do not receive the necessary doses, we will reschedule your second vaccination appointment.
All 7,500 scheduled appointments for first doses, including those who received scheduling codes but have not yet scheduled, have been placed on hold until we receive adequate supply of the vaccine.
If you have registered but have not yet received a scheduling code, you will remain waitlisted in the order received. Rest assured, you will not lose your place on our registry.
We will continue to process registrations for vaccines and place individuals on the waitlist to adequately assess demand and report those totals to the Florida Department of Health.

Health Officials and team members are committed to the Sumter County community's needs and are working very closely with the State of Florida Department of Emergency Management and Florida Department of Health. We are prepared to resume vaccinations as soon as we receive notice that vaccine doses are available.

bowlingal 01-19-2021 06:19 AM

It was posted in the Daily Sun and online in the Villages News and on the district website that they were closing this vaccination center. Keep up to date on happenings in the Villages with these resources

Joanne19335 01-19-2021 06:36 AM

Quote:

Deep breaths.

It is refreshing to read posts from someone with a positive attitude. My second shot is scheduled for February 10th and I believe the tents will be back up well before then.

Miriam2940 01-19-2021 06:37 AM

I read that the site is dismantled but everything is being stored in a Pod which, they said is close...on site?

Bogie Shooter 01-19-2021 06:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miriam2940 (Post 1889505)
I read that the site is dismantled but everything is being stored in a Pod which, they said is close...on site?

Where did you read this?

noslices1 01-19-2021 06:49 AM

Covid tents

Quote:

Originally Posted by coffeebean (Post 1889329)

When I drove past yesterday, there was still one tent there and a few porta pottys, so maybe they will be back.

giorgio1948 01-19-2021 07:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by billethkid (Post 1889351)
They go up and down fairly easily/quickly.
Remaining positive (!!!!)
....they rent them and no sense paying for not using?!
....they need them for a location that knows how to schedule?!

Like they said in their web site the operation would be for the foreseeable future.....who would have thought it would be so short!!!!

Credibility? Ground zero.....and holding.

It will be a challenge to believe anything they say next?

Are they attempting to KILL us off per O.W.?

merrymini 01-19-2021 08:00 AM

There are vaccine shortages everywhere and the gov has nothing to do with it.