Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   RDOG (Responsible Dog Owners Group) (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/rdog-responsible-dog-owners-group-159/)
-   -   possible Stolen Pet near Rolling Acres 10/1/14??? (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/rdog-responsible-dog-owners-group-159/possible-stolen-pet-near-rolling-acres-10-1-14-a-128907/)

Sandy13 10-02-2014 07:20 PM

possible Stolen Pet near Rolling Acres 10/1/14???

I possibly witnessed a small dog of a particular breed being stolen

yesterday...my heart tells me it IS so but I have NO real proof. because

later on same day- I saw same individual leaving my neighborhood with a

box (stereo or speakers) under his arm, Im sick over this as I can only

imagine the owners grief. I spoke to a police officer after the fact but have

no real proof of any crime. If you think you know someone who has had

their pet stolen please pass this on as I have a few other details. God Bless

DougB 10-02-2014 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sandy13 (Post 947512)
I possibly witnessed a small dog of a particular breed being stolen

yesterday...my heart tells me it IS so but I have NO real proof. because

later on same day- I saw same individual leaving my neighborhood with a

box (stereo or speakers) under his arm, Im sick over this as I can only

imagine the owners grief. I spoke to a police officer after the fact but have

no real proof of any crime. If you think you know someone who has had

their pet stolen please pass this on as I have a few other details. God Bless

How does one "possibly witness a small dog of a particular breed being stolen"?

Sandy13 10-02-2014 09:21 PM

I saw this person riding fast on a bicycle against the traffic-with the dog in his arms -away from the stores & parking lots-looked out of "place" so much that I couldn't stop looking back as he passed me. I mentioned a particular breed dog because it was not a mut.

dalecrenshaw 10-02-2014 10:23 PM

I think you are doing a wonderful service, to notice something out of the ordinary and alerting people. It's possible that this person on the bicycle was looking for his dog and found it and was totally innocent, but on the other hand it could have been a dog-napping. I commend you for being agilent and and alerting people...hopefully it wasn't a dog-napping.

Barefoot 10-03-2014 12:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sandy13 (Post 947512)
I possibly witnessed a small dog of a particular breed being stolen yesterday...my heart tells me it IS so but I have NO real proof. because later on same day- I saw same individual leaving my neighborhood with a box (stereo or speakers) under his arm, Im sick over this as I can only imagine the owners grief. I spoke to a police officer after the fact but have no real proof of any crime. If you think you know someone who has had their pet stolen please pass this on as I have a few other details. God Bless

If your intuition told you there was something wrong, then you are probably correct.
It doesn't hurt to mention it here, and it may help. Thank you for speaking out.