Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   Poisons and Toxins .....all over the place (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/poisons-toxins-all-over-place-349646/)

E Cascade 04-28-2024 09:19 AM

Poisons and Toxins .....all over the place

So many times I read how residents just spray, pour, paint, spread glyphosate, roundup, and other horrible stuff all over the place. And then our animals walk over the walkways/grass and carry it into our homes on their paws, onto the furniture and beds....... Then they lick their paws to clean them. Does anyone think about alternatives? No wonder there is so much cancer, allergies, stiffness, etc. Anyone have better options for lawn care, cleaning, etc.? Thanks.

charlieo1126@gmail.com 04-28-2024 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by E Cascade (Post 2325986)
So many times I read how residents just spray, pour, paint, spread glyphosate, roundup, and other horrible stuff all over the place. And then our animals walk over the walkways/grass and carry it into our homes on their paws, onto the furniture and beds....... Then they lick their paws to clean them. Does anyone think about alternatives? No wonder there is so much cancer, allergies, stiffness, etc. Anyone have better options for lawn care, cleaning, etc.? Thanks.

wrap yourself in bubble wrap and never leave the house that should work

BrianL99 04-28-2024 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by charlieo1126@gmail.com (Post 2325994)

It's all for naught, if you don't wrap your head in tin foil.

Bill14564 04-28-2024 09:38 AM

Quote:

Keep your dog out of my landscaping. Keep you dog off the furniture. Stop buying into the hysteria.

Shipping up to Boston 04-28-2024 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by charlieo1126@gmail.com (Post 2325994)

Saran Wrap party? Violates the Loufer Code in deed restrictions!

vintageogauge 04-28-2024 10:21 AM

Quote:

You are referring to "residents" doing this, my questions is why are allowing your dog to walk on their lawns? Also you mentioned you "read" how this is happening, does that mean you have never really witnessed it?

Velvet 04-28-2024 10:30 AM

Quote:

Hey! Why are your animals walking on private grass? Did you not think people would be too angry about that, to answer your question?

Topspinmo 04-28-2024 10:54 AM

Quote:

You could volunteer to hand weed there yards:eclipsee_gold_cup:

retiredguy123 04-28-2024 10:59 AM

Quote:

According to the EPA, Roundup and glyphosate do not cause cancer.

Two Bills 04-28-2024 11:02 AM

Could wash dogs paws before reentering house.

MightyDog 04-28-2024 11:13 AM

Oh my, I think I best not wade into the astonishing amount of denial on this thread. In the 21st century, I wouldn't have guessed it would still be running so deep.

--- Signed, Child whose father died (brain cancer) 20 years sooner than he should have because of the KNOWN (to management - DuPont) cancer-producing chemicals being pumped into the air and water where he worked.

Their complicity, eventually, resulted in one of the largest class action lawsuit in American history because 1000s were killed or seriously harmed by those known carcinogens.

(But, you all keep making fun of exposure to chemicals primarily policed only by the chemical producers themselves. SMH!)

Shipping up to Boston 04-28-2024 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by retiredguy123 (Post 2326031)
According to the EPA, Roundup and glyphosate do not cause cancer.

Not saying I totally disagree but Attorneys might dispute this.......

Roundup Settlement: 2024 Roundup Weed Killer Settlement Updates

Normal 04-28-2024 11:57 AM

Might want to

Quote:

May want to stay out of my lawn then. It’s loaded with all kinds of things. But then I’m sure you aren’t one of the rude ones who lets their dog into my corner lot. Respect my hard work on the lawn and your animal has no problems. I do spray all the way up to the curb too.

LuvNH 04-28-2024 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MightyDog (Post 2326037)
Oh my, I think I best not wade into the astonishing amount of denial on this thread. In the 21st century, I wouldn't have guessed it would still be running so deep.

--- Signed, Child whose father died (brain cancer) 20 years sooner than he should have because of the KNOWN (to management) cancer-producing chemicals being pumped into the air and water where he worked.

Their complicity, eventually, resulted in the largest class action lawsuit in American history.

(But, you all keep making fun of exposure to chemicals primarily policed only by the chemical producers themselves. SMH!)

Well said MightyDog, thank you. Just this week there was a story about more and more young people getting cancer. My husband has to see a hematologist monthly, at his appointment this past week there were two very young men with brain tumors waiting for treatment.

coffeebean 04-28-2024 12:20 PM

Quote:

Chemicals......can't live with them and can't live without them.